BLEURGHair: The Estelle Side Sweep

Yes! I've been at it again. I'm not even gonna try and justify this cos you guys know just how chameleon like I am with my mane. I bore easy...sue me! Here's a BLEURGHair of my new haircut.
So I was a rebel and threw all caution to the wind and styled my bangs above my eyebrows. If you watched The Mushroom Cut vleurgh, you'll know just how annoying I find high-top fringes! With this swarm of sheep that LOVE to dress like they're trapped in a time-warp, all I see around me are 1920's (or whatever era THAT was popular) fringes that sit so uncomfortably above the brow. But hey! To each their own right....*insane side eye*
I wanted a style that flattered my bone structure more, as I felt The Mushroom Cut was far too masculine for my face. Especially as I predominantly don androgynous looks to work (8-4, 5 days a week...yup!), I wanted a hairstyle that expressed a feminine side to me, in contrast to my attire. I let my sister braid in the circular braid pattern this time, as on taking out the self-braids, I realised just why the world of hairdressers existed! DISASTER! LOL...after which I proceeded to sew in 8" & 10" weave. This time, I added a bit of colour, but nothing too wild (like my Minaj ombre'd BLEURGHair...oh dear!). When all the sewing was done, I brushed my hair, as though I were to wrap it for the night, and cut the sides using scissors and a razor comb to give it that natural touch.
Inspiration for this BLEURGHair came from just about anyone and everyone initially. But when I was looking at images, I stumbled upon my Grad Hair BLEURGH and remembered seeing Carey Mulligan rocking a crop quite like the one I had in mind. But I didn't quite like the way the entire bob sat above her head like a helmet....so I kept searching.
Tbh, the one person that stuck to my mind as mentioned in The Mushroom Cut vleurgh, was Estelle. I like the way the side tapers down near her ear, and feel that throws a feminine spin on it. Love how she experimented with colour, that'll probably be my next bet....but who knows?

Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! Snip Snip Snip, clip those tresses & give those bangs a side flip. Xisses

14 comments

  1. ooh i love your new hair cut it looks beautiful on you! And it does suit your bone structure ;)
    xxx
    Catflicks

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like this..but i really love the mushroom cut on you!!
    does look cute though :)

    www.lollihearts.co.uk
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. both haircuts suit u well...good work mern, wish i could do same

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice haircut!your mushroom cut is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this estelle side sweep on you, it really suits you and you look stunning! xxx


    http://ronanronanronan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! i love it.
    suits you perfectly.
    ROCK ON!!!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOve the new do chick! You know i'm the same way with my hair lol I'll be a Blone chick on Monday and a brunette by Thursday! LOL thats how we do! But i seriously love this look the best! Keep it for a bit! xoxo TY

    ReplyDelete
  8. this style is a keeper!
    suits you the most.

    J x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am voting for the mushroom cut!!!
    Kisses and hugs
    Miss Margaret Cruzemark
    http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I just found your site and I love it! The hair rocks. Definitely awesome to see such a stylish educated woman who is an excellent writer!

    thingsididntbuythatilove.com

    ReplyDelete