BLEURGHair - Minaj Ombre

WOW! Can't even blame my bad blogger behaviour (alliteration unintentional LOL...guess i got it like that) on being busy cos quite honestly, I haven't been up to much. *sigh*
Went to London about a fortnight ago to get my hair done cos that mop had to GO! As you could tell from my Vleurgh, where i tucked it into the back of my fur headcandy....it just had to gets the stepping!! Oddly enough, I wasn't craving a style like I usually am. I just knew I'd had enough of the mountain that is my forehead and wanted to go back to long for a while as well. And I guess I wasn't quite over the Ombre effect....so in steps some BLEURGHair Inspiration. All images are from specific searches from Google
I saw this image and knew immediately that I was still lusting over the Ombre effect. Don't you just love this illustration? Dunno if I'd ever go plum....but if I did *side eye*
Love the whispy ends and the haggered look. Loved this look but wasn't too keen on the shade as the last colour (#27 if anyone cared) did not quite compliment my skin tone in the way I hoped so I wanted to go PLATINUM blonde this time.
 I always have wispy fringes but this time I wanted a razor sharp cut like Nicki Minaj's infamous bangs. I love how well it sits but I wanted it to whisk across my eyes giving me a darker, more mysterious look than Minaj's innocent cut.
 Immediately I saw this, I knew this was the kind of blonde I wanted!! Its a shame the top looks too much like a wig....but I do love it though. Exactly what i wanted!!
If you haven't seen Leona Lewis' new look, you must have been lounging under a rock for this past month. I absolutely LOVE it! I am dead sick of her uber sweet, butter won't melt public image...BLEURGH! I LOVED this darker look on her since her i-D magazine cover (Nov 2008)...blonde on her is fugz and fake, if you ask me (which you probably didn't). But this was the length of fringe I wanted....lush!
BLEURGHair!
In the salon, about to get blowdried and styled. When my weaver was working on the blonde (#60 - Premium Now), everyone in the store, including my hairdresser, looked in shock and disgust. When I was at this stage, people were bending over backwards and craning their necks to see. This lady even changed her style to look like mine. Love it!
What do you bleurgher-boos think? You likey?
Love how it looks like, accessorised with an on-season trilby/ fedora. Can't wait for the sun to be beaming in full-force! EEK!!
Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! Swish your tresses with pride. Xisses

16 comments

  1. i get wat u wer tryna do, but mayb if der was a little more blck dat was a little closer in length to the blonde so der was more of a blend like hw uve done ur other hair styles...ur second photo (aftr its dne) is the closest to what im gettin at with the little more blend comment...but its a cool idea tho looking at the inspiration..just a little hard to pull of with a weave unless u dye the hair itself maybe like the asian chic

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh nice! I like it, this is totally going to happen to my hair in the summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hair
    i was going to do the exactly thing but longer and middle parting but changed my mind last minute to colour 2.
    LOVE IT ON YOU THOUGH DEFINETLY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it ! i went ombre too a few weeks ago, it's such a nice look !

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your hair:)x


    http://www.inablondeworld.net/

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhhh you look booooooom ting a ling
    looool pahaha sorry I'm hyper but the hair totally suits you, I sooo wanna do this now, but it wouldnt suit me cause my hairs a frizzball of jungle bush - and i cant be straightening my hair all the time, so for the mean time I'm just gunner perv over you okay ;D xxx ahahaha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like the idea but i agree the black should have been a little longer to blend in with the blonde and maybe the blonde a little darker. brave though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great! Love the ombre look on you; it's so bold.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i want to doo ombre hair now....but i'm gonna do plum...woooo...

    looks good on you yeks..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. aaww you look lovely :D I love my fringe 2 hehe

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually like the plum look and yours looks really nice. nice blog.
    check mine out. maybe we can follow each other.
    www.cocoandolive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love it love it!
    full fring is your thang

    www.lollihearts.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! I love it!
    Especially on that girl with that huge red bow in her hair!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute blog and love the bangs!

    xoxo

    http://BeautyisPoison.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. *Screams* I'm going to stop dying my hair so it will stop breaking, so I get it long enough to get the plum ombre effect, because it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always loved the bold bang...I tired it for about a month and then just told my stylist not to trim it anymore...

    You pulled it off well.


    Dhalia

    ReplyDelete