Grad Season

As I already shared with my Twitter followers....I am gonna be graduating with a 2.1 LLB degree come mid-July! I'm so excited considering the anxiety-ridden journey I endured to get here. I'm not here to brag cos quite frankly, I believe this was NOT my doing but the result of a higher power at work. You guys need to understand something....I'm putting this out there as a testimony of what can be done with perseverance and determination. At the end of 2nd year, my average was a 3rd class...yes, you heard me right...THIRD CLASS! And I pulled myself up from that to not a 2:2, but a 2:1 Honours Degree...come on now, if that isn't a reason to celebrate, I dunno what is?
I attended my cousin's Master's Graduation dinner at Watermargin in o2 on Friday and it was a fun-filled dinner full of laughs and family banter. Its occasions like that which make me so thankful for the supportive unit I'm surrounded with, and the love I was blessed with through my family.
As graduation is looming, plans need to be made. I have to think of what to do to my hair, what dress to buy and what shoes will be most compatible and practical. Didn't think it'd be that hard, but trust me, its a HELL of a chore! Coming from a self-professed shoppaholic...even I was tired after one day of full-on retail *sigh*
I really want my hair to look classy, regardless of the mini 'fro-like sides from where the shaved bits are growing out. My main muse for the Grad BLEURGHair is Kelis (centre) as her sides are actually shaved, but her carefully coifed mane so delicately tousles towards her face that it provides a welcome distraction from her usually retro look.
I do NOT want to be a candidate on 'Who Wore It Better : Grad Edition' so I'm looking for a unique piece from a boutique or one of my many online havens atm. To match the BLEURGHair I will be donning on the day (I'm also looking forward to adding some light brown highlights to brighten up my GC tan - pics coming soon, not to worry, I haven't forgotten you), I want a simple shift/ skater dress. I LOVE the red 3/4 length sleeved version Frankie (The Saturdays) is rocking (bottom right), but I also love the intricate brocade detailing on Michelle Williams' (3rd full image; far right). I'm thinking a lace number in that style? 
(Disclaimer : Copy me and die!)

Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! "There's no such thing as IMPOSSIBLE. The word itself says "I'M POSSIBLE" Xisses

12 comments

  1. Congrats!! Your blog is so so cute! As are you...your gorgeous!

    p.s. love the quote ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an accomplishment :) congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you very much for your comments on my blog!
    i used adobe photoshop c5 to creat my baner:)
    http://fashionablej.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on graduating!!

    http://berealbehappy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on your 2:1 !!!!!


    thanks for the comment on my blog! :)
    XOXO, BECCA
    http://www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!!

    I like your resturant photo!!
    So cool and nice resturant..
    I want to visit..
    But too far.( I'm in Japann><)

    I like your hair style!!
    So beautiful♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA! Im sure you will look stunning at graduation...you have some good picks, i like the red too!
    xx

    Hot Pink Day
    Shop Blue Vanilla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!!!
    Can't wait to see what look you decide on!

    http://www.nichole-yesterday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! Following forever! Your blog is so cool and smart! I cant get over your main pic!! So chic! Love that top! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations babe!!!!!

    And i'm still gathering the liver for that haircut lol

    Adiya
    http://museorigins.blogspot.com (formally the corner shop- had to change my url X_x)
    http://museorigins.com

    ReplyDelete