Having it all...

"what do you do when you've wished for one thing for SO long, but you don't just receive it once, but in multiples?"
Watching the finale episode of 'Single Ladies', that question crossed my mind, as it often does from time to time. Most girls growing up, going through that awkward/ ugly duckling faze, often wish they could grow up and blossom into beautiful young ladies who guys find attractive. Fast-forward a few years (hopefully by now, the superior female mentality would have matured enough to realise that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder), and not only are you approached by one guy, but plagued by a swarm of suitors.
Blazer : Thrifted (Wales) | Basque : eBay | Belt : Primark | Chinos : Thrifted (Wales)
Its easy to fall into the trap of just giving into male attention (kinda like Val did - Single Ladies reference), and just bask in as much flattery as is tossed your way. But for some, this newly acquired spotlight will be overwhelming. It can take one by storm and whisk them off their senses..."its the lights, you're blinded by the action, you need that!" - Hollywood JayZ ft Beyonce. Quite like (yes, I'm a newbie....take it easy on me) the child-like tomboy Royce in Basketball Wives, where the thirst for more male attention pushes her to pure tomfoolery.
 Necklace : Dorothy Perkins | Casio watch & Arty Ring : eBay | Wedges : Prague (Manchester)
Looking back at growth into womanhood, I can relate to women like Royce and Val (although I'm more like Keisha as I'm described by my girlfriends as a maneater). Silly mistakes have been made, but we live and we learn. I wont drop down low & flash those Royce-like moves NOW cos quite honestly, I'm grown! What you learn as you grow is that men may love the thrill of catfights, but no man wants to settle down with a wild cat.
*purr* 
The wild lifestyle belongs with youth, and I am forever thankful that I spread my wings when I did....but with the escape from the cage comes judgment. Misconceptions are reached by prematurely boxing up one's character into a stereotype & thats where the problem lies. Royce quite frankly got schooled...and the lesson was well-founded. As much fun as it must have been for her to liberate her body and get crunk on the dancefloor, life is NOT about living for just you, 'cos there are domino effects to all actions.
Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! Take a step back when you're handed it all, 'cos one too many steps and you're guaranteed to fall. Xisses

29 comments

  1. love the outfit. gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot begin to tell you how frigging amazing you look in that outfit! I loveee loveee it all. I must search for that Basque on eBay, my mind will not be at rest until I find it.

    You look fabulous, 5* for that outfit! Very well put together.
    P.s. If you 'loot' my wardrobe, i'll burn down your house LOL

    xxx

    www.trashygobs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hi-5* absolutely love this look!!

    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a cute blog but the font is a bit difficult to read. I don't know if it's just my computer but anyways cute blazer :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL @Dami you must be joking mate...your closet will be mine!
    And thanks so much sweeties, I appreciate all the love

    @Marisa, I've increased the default font, hope thats better?

    Xisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woooo - this is smoking hot!
    Fine girl no pimples, see I love your swag and your dimples...(8)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great interesting post and read. love your outfit too

    xoxo Monroe

    Fashion Steele NYC

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look hot. love your corset tube top. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this outfit. you look amazing with this corset xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. u always looking hot as usual, that basque is so u. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. the basque is soooo hot on you!! im a loving this outfit alot :)

    www.lollihearts.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg yes that's so much better. I can read it better now thanks haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh I really loving this outfit especially the bustier =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow I really do just love this look!!! I am a sucker for a bustier top, so you've won major fashion points on that one! love it...

    [fashionablyfly.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
  15. The top is gorgeous! I've been dreaming of and haven't found one like it yet. And huge yes to the pants!

    ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE this look. I'm annoyed that the trousers are thrifted, as I was going to ask where you got them from (I need high waisted trousers).

    ReplyDelete
  17. wooow, Bleurgh, with this look, I'm definitely your fan!!! this is so flattering, I'm definitely trying something similar soon, thank you for being such an inspiration!!! The pants and corset are so hot!!!! And you definitely have class wearing the shoulder pads blazer. And I also like your words, as we grow up, we definitely need to be comfortable with ourselves. Feel beautiful, and the others will see it!! kisses, beautiful, and looking forward to more sassy outfits!!!:*:*:*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Girl this outfit is hot! Love the blazer, and you're so right beauty is what you make of it! Loving yourself first is the key!

    http://truequeen.com/2011/08/18/the-new-ice-100-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous!! Definitely working that outfit girl.

    Thank you too for your comment on my blog. We could follow each other if you like.


    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  20. For starters, I love the outfit, especially the top!!

    Secondly, I definitely agree with you about growing older and letting go the wild side. It's funny how quickly women mature... the things that I thought was totally okay as an 18 year old, I cringe at as a 23 year old.

    you live, and hopefully, you learn.

    xx
    josie
    www.straightNOchase.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. hmm lOOoove the corset and the pants. they fit you well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the corset with this outfit!! I wish I would wear one :(

    I thought I was already following your blog, but apparently, I wasnt. Sorry about that

    Prissy

    ReplyDelete
  23. sexy and cute top, your new follower Abigael ;)

    http://likemousseauchoco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Killing this outfit here! Love the bustier and chinos combo, defo following! :P

    http://www.missgokjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete