Beaten Colourblocked Blue

So I've received numerous comments on my 'Sunday Shares' post concerning my woes on the blonde weave (now self-replaced - BIY baybay!) shedding like an alopecia patient not receiving treatment. Now I understand just how grave and insulting this may be to a sufferer of alopecia who innocently stumbles on my blog, but to turn that hurt into insults is just as bad. Sadly, I also suffer a mild case of alopecia (undiagnosed) and as a result, I'm actually taking my weave out in a few days and undergoing the big chop. Not going natural (as I have been for 2 years under my weaves) but actually giving my hair a break from braiding, weaving etc...indulging in some creamy crack and shaving off the sides affected by my mild condition. I'm not one to share such private facts so publicly...but I want to let those out there know that the comment was not an ignorant statement, but a JOKE!
Jacket : ZARA | Sheer Tank : H&M | Skinny Jeans : Uniqlo | Chinese Pumps : BAY
I'm a BIG fan of standup comedy, from the likes of classics like Eddie Murphy's Raw and Delirious to Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle (you guys HAVE to see 'Killing 'em Softly....JOKES!). I sit there, chuckle, giggle and near wet myself at the expense of others. A joke is not a joke without taking the piss out of someone or something's characteristics whether its a fat flaw or a ghetto chewing-gum-poppin' hoe....you're still laughing at someone else's expense.
 Actually owned these cobalt blue jeans since Upper Sixth & now its back in fashion, I decided to dig it out. Back when I used to initially colour-block with **Lolli, everyone thought we were too eccentric with our coloured footless tights and oddly-paired shoes (i was taking a stand against the Headteacher's rule that all prefects wear black&wear formal wear only)...now look, everyone's doing it. Well, not the oddly paired shoes bit...LOL 

Neck Candy : Oasis | Arm Candy : Bonita's (celtic ring) & Guess (watch)



I don't believe in editing or treading lightly, I say what i say and do what I do, that's that. I honestly DO apologise to those offended by the comment, and I understand just how painful a blow hair loss can be to a woman and her confidence (especially at a young age, as one commentator shared), but please do not wish that on me or my kids etc...cos as funny as that is, karma's a bitch and I hate to see the bitchy witch wreck havoc on anyone's hairline.

Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! Intend to offend and your words become hurdles...speak your mind, up to others to pick faults if they can find. Xisses

31 comments

  1. love the yellow and blue combo, so cool!

    xx raez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh! Some people take things way too seriously. Always itching to complain. Leave them.

    You look great. I've been loving yellow recently though i don't own even one yellow piece (does a scarf count)?

    Adiya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit and I love your accessories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for commenting back, i actually dont have any hair so yea it cut deep!! but i wasnt trying to be a jerk about it, ive had family members make some mean comments about being bald, but anyway are u getting any treatment for ur hair? @ cornershop, if u had alopecia i dont think u'd take it very lightly either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the colourd together babe

    http://themashedup.blogspot.com/
    Lydz xX

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the jeans. cute outfit!
    and im looking forward to seeing this new cut :)

    http://thepastimebliss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i tagged you in a stylish blogger award ..... check out my blog to view the award .... http://annpaigefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice style !

    http://cuteredbow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pics and outfit...so hot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ♥ Oh.. Nice post.)) Love your blog.)) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. you've got the trend down to a tee girl.

    Helen, X
    areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look stunning. Love the color blocking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ah I am a big fan of comedy as well! I love the yellow tank top, great photos :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey sweety,thanks for your comment and for visiting,you're very stylish!*

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  15. great look, but i widh for red on it ;)


    HS

    ReplyDelete
  16. love your blog ^_^

    theyoungradicals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. sorry to hear about your hair woes, I would give castor oil a try, it really helped to grow my edges and nape back after years of abuse.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE IT !!!
    http://supercute91.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice mix of colors!
    I like the color block touch'

    http://dablacksjp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the colour block mix..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovage!

    Jen xx
    jjnoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. the yellow blue n white combination is nice

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love the colour blocking, that blue is my favourite for spring/summer and your so stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  25. loving the two colors together:)

    http://jtomasfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete