Last Night

**Soundtrack of the Minute - Let It Rain : Tinchy Stryder ft. Melanie Fiona**
My Twitter followers will know just how many movies I've gone through this week alone in my plea to detract the tears over the hiatus of most of my fave American shows *sobs*
One of the many I indulged in was an unpromoted (which still shocks me as it starred Keira Knightley and Eva Mendez) romantic movie called 'Last Night'. As usual, I'm not one for bait reviews, I'm more interested in the underlying message and its applicability in contemporary society and my life...

Cardigan : Primark (Menswear) | Military Waistcoat : Republic | Skirt : H&M
TShirt : Manchester Boutique | Bag : ZARA | Pumps : Urban Outfitters
In a fairly young marriage where both parties are contempt with one another, their careers, etc...but nothing more, what a lil temptation can do to tip the balance is worth noting. I guess one thing I've been meaning to BLEURGH about post-Year of the Husband is The 25 Plan (which is yet to come), but the idea that one meets their college (or in UK, Uni) sweethearts and decides to settle down not long after, and then spends the REST of their lives with that one person, to some...aww, to others....thats a scary arse concept! I'm not saying which boat I sail in but this movie clearly was.

Its a beautiful thing to find the one, but what does that mean for your future? No more adventure? No more wild nights out? I guess the same rules don't apply as when you were in a relationship...and you thought they would. Careers are put on hold to support the other (a la Melanie in The Game)...I just don't think the whole picture is fully in frame for young couples misled by the idealised romanticism portrayed in romcom after romcom...*sigh*

Rings : Topshop (Heart shaped); Miss Selfridge (various stacks)
Rosary Bracelets : eBay | Beaded Bracelets : H&M | Watch : Guess
I watched Adam Sandler's 'Go With It' before it and was shockingly surprised at just how much I enjoyed it. And to be plonked back to reality by 'Last Night' was a slap in the face....but a much-deserved slap. I guess we all want to live the romcom life where we are whisked off our feet by the man we love and is humorously compatible with us to a fault...but in reality, where does the humour stop and the satire begin?

Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! The morning after last night leads to the day when your actions become consequences. Xisses

19 comments

  1. loving that ring, very mature

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those tights! And I see the nails. Nice!

    Neks2u

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great jewellery! I love how you've stacked it all together.

    x
    Michelle
    www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. your accessories are to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely accessories! Like the outfit too. Honestly oh, i think romance portrays a very biased view of young relationships. Life happens.

    Adiya
    And thanks for your blogsville gist comment :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the outfit. those tights are pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving the armbands and the watch.
    I saw both movies as well (thnx for the link by the way)
    just go with it was good but last night left me with a sour taste...marriage seems to be so much work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing blog- I am such a huge fan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely outfit sweetie and love your jewellery too :)

    thankyou for the comment on my blog :)
    & check out the £50 Laura Ashley giveaway!
    XOXO, BECCA
    http://www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this outfit, the tights are great!!

    ditchthetrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm obsessed with your armful of bracelets! so fun :)

    pepperandchips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I looooooove your hair! So cool!
    Nice outfit as well ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love all of your accessories. they're perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. tks for ur visit!!
    nice look,I like ur hairstyle :)
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  15. love ya blog, and ya hair!
    *now following you*
    heycourtnee.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love the way the accessories look on your wrist. I have been inspired by a lot of pics that style their wrist in this format. :)

    ReplyDelete