iWont e-Follow

I'm blessed to be able to share my life experiences with you guys & have amazing followers share how its impacted them. I took a time-out in Summer because I realised I wasn't living out my truth. You see, its difficult to learn while you talk. Here I was bleating on about re-evaluating life & successfully living life to its fullest, when I was shrinking deeper than a violet. I was a cat-walking, preaching hypocrite. The more I wrote, the more I'd recoil at the prospect that I'd become what I loathed most of all about the online community; a promoter of e-discipleship.
Coat : River Island | Dress : H&M
I didn't alter that position by choice. Like I'd shared, my circumstances forced me to make key changes in my life; how I lived and how I wanted to live. I'm days away from turning the page from Chapter XXIII, and can happily state that I am satisfied with how it's all panned out. That's not to say it's been easy, but its been worth it. 'THOUGH I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil' (Psalm 23:4) is a recurring reminder that faith is no guarantee of a hardship-less life. 
Watch : Michael Kors | Heels : NEXT
I was inspired by Patricia's video; 'Tips for dealing with disappointment'. Marx argued that religion was the opiate of the masses, and to a certain degree, it is. I'm afraid many e-preachers & non-anointed e-pastors are pushing the prosperity gospel. I was guilty of doing much the same, but life doesn't quite work out like that. Why you would need help knowing how to celebrate is beyond me! Why would you need help eventually getting what you wanted if everything's within reach? The truth is, sometimes, we just can't and don't get what we want. Life is what happens as a result of that. 

This is just one of many posts knocking our self-help generation, obsessed with quick fixes and tangible yet talentless prophets. I fell into the trap of spinning the same yarn; success is attainable with hard work. Thats true to a certain degree, but in life, you HAVE to learn how to relinquish control of mechanics that are above your specialty. This diminishes the guilt and anxiety we feel at failure, and helps us build ourselves back up in order to attain true success. True success being the satisfaction one gains in reaching a goal that may not have initially been aimed at. What tells success-stories aside from the ''who's? *blank stare*' is the ability to see past the obstacles to the open door of opportunity. Sometimes that door is completely in the opposite direction from where you're initially directing your attention, but its ajar & waiting. Be patient.
Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! iRefuse to e-Follow a Fellow who refuses to acknowledge life in its reality. 

5 comments

  1. Lovely look!
    The pink is really nice on you <3

    xxx
    Stéphanie - http://haveafashionbreak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi
    nice outfit I like your dress
    would you like us to follow each other with GFC then plaese visit my blog
    salonetiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun
      I'll take a look at your blog x

      Delete
  3. Lovely colour on you and we all need a pretty lace dress in our wardrobe.

    http://afrogenik.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thankyou! I love this dress too. So simple yet so...perfect lol

      Delete