Calm through the Storm


"courage is not the absence of fear, it is pressing forward when you feel afraid" Joyce Meyer
Jacket : H&M | Top : Primark | Shorts : BIY from MOM Jeans | Boots : M&S 
I admit it, I'm a hypocrite. I sat on my high horse and doled out advice I wasn't adhering to myself. Someone close to me recently dealt with rejection and I shed light on the possibility that it may not have been their calling at that time and advised to exercise patience as the reward in due course would be far greater than initially envisioned. *tuts* If only I could've recorded that and replayed it to myself last week. You see, its so much easier to dish than to dine on your own cuisine.
 BIY 4 quick steps - Highwaisted distress shorts from these vintage Mom jeans 
Not getting your own way can be frustrating. My father shed light on the fact that a man is not measured by his fall but his recovery from it. Its important to note that failure is a natural course of life. We can't all excel at everything otherwise no one would excel at anything (if that makes sense?). My heart was warmed this afternoon when a reader shared that my blog was the motivation behind her attaining a 2.1 today! THAT my friends, is how one successfully overcome failure. That's not to say the battle uphill will be easy...far from it. But I urge you (and myself) to press on through the storm, for there can be no rainbow without rain and no true joy without pain.
We've all been in situations where you feel like you're battling a thousand and one adversaries with little or no strength left. I've learned not to depend on others, or myself even, but on God. I've spoken before on having your spiritual springboard to draw back to when the time calls. Well, rejection and hard times call for some serious divine intervention. The fear connected with failure or rejection isolates you into believing you're in this alone. Whether it means running to confession at catholic mass, calling on your reverend for intercession or fasting and vigiling...something's gotta give. I thought in order to remain calm one had to be silent. I learned the hard way that it just prompts the brewery of dangerous emotions. But one thing is worthy of note, breaking down doesn't weaken your spirit. Its what you choose to do after that depicts your character and the outcome of your personal battle. Choose to wallow longer than is warranted and guaranteed, that sitch will get the best of you. As hard as it is, you HAVE to pick yourself up and fight on to claim your true triumph. 
Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! A true victor doesn't wait for the storm to pass, but wages a war through it and surely that, he shall surpass. Xisses

21 comments

  1. This is lovely!
    great job!

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    High Street Fashion & Celebrity Style
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we all must push past any failures. I have a post I just wrote on diligence. I'd be honored if you'd check it out. Please let me know what you think. By the way, love your outfit:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEN to that sistah!
      I will definitely be taking a look at your post on diligence hun, thanks for sharing.
      Look out for my bleurgh back on your page lol :)

      Delete
  3. Woww es genial! Its fantastic, this is very original

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get so thrilled to read foreign readers write back. I'm flattered you read and liked my post hun! x

      Delete
  4. Wow! This is soo cool. I am about to follow you. Maybe you could head over to my blog and follow me too?
    www.charlyb128.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww glad if you did indeed follow. Its best to do so on BlogLovin' now x
      I always visit my readers' blogs so i will be more than happy to...

      Delete
  5. Always inspiring,love!
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg , i have to make mine !!! love everything , i want your hairstyle sooo baaad.

    thanks for visiting my blog and concerning the collaboration , I was contacted by their PR and that was it . xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the BIY! Did you like the most recent dip-dye one too?
      Clearly enough freetime on my hands to spare looool

      Aww thanks hun. I'm a tad longer now. New posts coming soon...

      i wish I were contacted by the Obsidian PR...their brand is amazing!

      Delete
  7. love the fit on the shorts you made!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I feel like this write-up is for me.
    A lot of ups n downs, nothing seems to work according to plan but, its all good cos I plan to bounce back wif full force.
    Thanks!

    You look grt btw. Love d shorts.

    http://justporsh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad those words are speaking to you hun. i truly do get in the zone when I write this and I aspire to inspire.
      Don't worry. What looks like a setback right now will definitely be the setup you need to achieve far greater than you've set your sights on. Just persevere hun. I'm reading and taking in what I'm writing also cos I'm still going through my battles, but hey ho! We will overcome!

      Delete
  9. Oh I just love this outfit so much. They are fab. So clever to make them into shorts xx
    http://www.heroineinheels.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, my name is Carmen, I have 15 years and one of my dreams is fashion, so http://miescueladetacones.blogspot.com.es/ opened a blog and I hope you like and let comments, a kiss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi carmen. It'd be so much more fruitful if you spent your time actually commenting on the content of a blog, rather than going around spamming bloggers' comment boxes. And I mean this as constructive criticism, no shade intended.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks hun :)
      I think I've rinsed them this summer though...they need a rest loooool

      Delete