Evergreen

"No condition is permanent" is a life lesson no one should grow without learning. As you are all aware, this year I set myself the sole task of being content. So far, so good. When you make the active effort to steer away from constantly comparing yourself to others, or pitching your achievements on a bar set by your peers, you enlighten your life to endless possibilities. I can't see myself in the place I was last year anymore, because I've completely changed my outlook on life.
Jumper : H&M | Skirt : Topshop | Boots : Bershka (Milan)
Perhaps its the shadow you cast on your side that makes it seem dull, but life on the other side always seems greener. Truth is, 9/10 times its not actually greener, and that's something we all learn with experience. Funny thing is, no matter how many times the person you idolise shuts your lust down, their hammer-like words never seem to hit the nail on the head of reason until your 'aha' moment becomes a reality. 
Tights (layered) : Primark | Scarf : Thrift store (Croydon) | Watch : Guess (Bicester Village)
Contentment ensures that no matter what position you're in, you continue to remain optimistic about better things to come, while remaining happy in the position you're in. It grants a profound understanding that you're serving a particular purpose in that spot, and you'll move from that spot when a greater need of you calls. That level of contentment takes faith, and the belief in divine hope steering your life in the right direction at its own pace. That's not to say there wont be set-backs, moments of stagnation or woes along the way. If we took off our rose-coloured glasses we'd see that those we idolised go through droughts too. Moments where their seemingly  evergreen patches wilt away to hay. Yet they must have overcome their set-backs in order for us to continue to see them shine; so also will you go through trials before you come out triumphant.

Soundtrack of the Minute - Love Without Tragedy : Rihanna
"There is no testimony without a test"
My sole belief now is that I am running my own race, in my own lane, at my own pace. I understand I have peers running in the same competition as me, but they are running to their own finishing lines. Quit comparing yourself to others' seemingly evergreen lives and live yours! Time misspent pitting yourself against him with the this or her with the that, could be time well spent working your way up even further than their this & that.
Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! Life on the other side seems evergreen, but all it takes is a bout of reality for it to lose its gleam. Xisses

44 comments

  1. wow,I love your posts.i was thinking yesterday how I loves your post"Justice for desert" to the point of even bookmarking it.I love the way you write....green looks very good on you.Nice healthy legs btw...lol....I sound like a perv.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie! And I'm so glad when my followers recount my posts.
      Means I'm writing words with depth.

      Thanks *blush*

      Delete
  2. OH I love love love your scarf! C'est tres chic! It's really reminiscent of Hermes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww gracias boo!
      I WISH it were Hermes lmaoooooo

      Delete
  3. lovely, green look ^^

    http://www.morefashion4u.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. damn girl, you're so brave to go posing in all that snow.

    I love your skirt.

    Julz
    StylebyJulz.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL it wasn't as cold as it looked.
      Ok, I lie. I ran back in straight after the shoot and padded up before heading out for lectures LOL!!

      Thanks sweetie! Thinking of dying it a darker green in future though...

      Delete
  5. Nice blog and nice post.u stopped by my blog and I decided to. Check back.do u mind following my blog,wud follow back. www.trendyrammy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. U look amazing doll. Love ur skirt. U look lk a patriotic Nigerian. :D
    Thanks for ur lovely comment on my blog. Now following, hope u wud follow bk.

    http://www.justporsh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! Just what I needed to read, thankyou x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you read it and let the words resonate. Means a lot to me

      BLEURGH
      www.say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  8. Beautiful outfit but i love the message/note. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie, and thanks for stopping by mine :)

      Delete
  9. LOVE this outfit! Thanks for reading my post! Definitely following!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice look!!
    Kiss kiss,
    Miriam (varios-angulos.blogspot.pt)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice look!

    All things J
    http://trinibkbabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your skirt is very nice and thanks for stopping by my blog x
    Kerrimelcream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the green, such a pretty color on you :)

    http://lookofcataclysm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun...I really ought to wear it more often after all these lovely compliments

      Delete
  14. Lovely post + pictures! I love your blog. I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defs gonna check out your blog

      Thanks for the love :)

      Delete
  15. Such a beautiful message! I definitely needed to read this! And I'm loving the look too, doll :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I'm so glad you read it and thought so...

      :)

      Delete
  16. nice shoes ;)

    http://charmeusee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun
      They still hurt like hell though...still haven't been properly worn in...

      Delete
  17. nice look! i love your skirt and shoes!!! thanks for the visit on my blog last time! i really like your blog, so you have a new follower ;P
    -Inès

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your outfit! It totally reminds me that how evergreen life can be if we try to work it right.

    http://frances-diaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm....thats another way of looking at it I guess.
      Although the entire message of this post totally counteracts that, but so be it...lol

      Delete
  19. I like this post. Oh that I would master the art of contentment... Now saying that even makes me sound "uncontent" lol if that's a word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Not sure thats a word either...
      But I get what you mean though. However, I think life allows room for a little down-time from all the optimism. I obviously don't think contentment equates to blind optimism, but I do think there must be a certain consistent level of positive thinking at play at all times, and thinking like that 24/7 is CRAY! I'm sorry but we are human...you're forgiven lol

      Delete
  20. this is such an adorable outfit! emerald really suits you! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thankyou hun...I hard;y wear green but will definitely be investing in a few more green pieces after the positive feedback from this post

      Delete
  21. Just bumped into your blog, and I already love it.

    The whole green outfit is such an adoration to me. Amazing.

    http://bcece-evenangle.blogspot.com (let's follow each other)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww hope you've had a read at other posts?
      And hope you liked what you see as well...

      BLEURGH
      www.say-bleurgh.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete