12-12-12

12-12-12 
This is the last time we will ever see the same numbers appear like that for the date in our lifetime. 
I remember when the Guinness World Records were at Greenwich trying to record 01hrs:02mins:03secs on the 04-05-06! Time sure flies. To think I was sitting down scribing this on a date my kids will look back and ask what I was up to is...bizarre! SO much has happened in our lifetimes, its odd to comprehend just how much we've witnessed.
 (at the grand opening event for the 'Twenty 8 Twelve' flagship store)
I'm blessed to have an avenue to vent & share some of life's experiences with you guys. I am sometimes told I'm an old soul, or I'm a motivational person, whether it be on my blog or in person by friends or family. Its a common misconception to think that for one to blog/vlog/tweet constantly, you have to be super bold and brave. Thats not exactly true. Being a blogger is only ONE aspect of our/my personality. Yes, I speak my mind, but I was raised to bite my tongue when the time called. I am, admittedly, quite an outspoken person and its because I believe I was born a fighter. I wont go into historical detail of my birth & bore you, but I have been asked to share HOW one can be confident & network effectively.
I believe life is too short to always wonder "what if". I'd rather look back & see what mistakes I've made in order to correct the path I'm walking towards in future. As a child, I was quite obnoxious and would walk up to strangers every morning and sing a random song with my bestfriend. I don't advise you do that on your daily commute, however, I think a smile at a stranger and a casual "hey" to someone who looks like they're having the worst start to their day is just the JOLT you need to knock you off your shy kilter. Biting that bullet, discarding all thoughts of how you might be publicly perceived (by strangers), is the first step worth taking to a bolder future.
Turban : BIY | Leather Jacket : H&M | Shirt : Thrifted | Disco Pants : American Apparel (eBay) | Boots : Allders
The same is applicable for interviews and networking events. You gain NOTHING by standing like a statue and being mute. What I advise is that you take a deep breath and SMILE. The key is LOOKING approachable, and if that fails, turn to the person nearest to you and ask about their story (NEVER the weather, too cliche). People LOVE to be indulged, so why not? Random conversations ignite the spark necessary for key connections. If its an event, just think, you're only there for a day/night so why waste it? Make the most of it and enjoy it, while you're at it. 'Tis the season, so cease it!
Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! 12-12-12 Savour the moment & live it like its your last. Xisses

18 comments

  1. I'm loving the leather jacket! :)

    http://sonyngin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The name is etched in the floor? Cool points.

    I'm a new reader :) Your blog name is so cute!!! I like how you incorporate the word. I'm now playing spot-the-bleurgh.

    Hm. I'm a loser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol you're hilarious!

      thanks for stopping by hun.
      Will also be taking a look at your blog

      play away x

      Delete
  3. I always enjoy reading your commentaries. Keep up the excellent writing! Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy New Year to you hun!

      hopefully you guys will keep me inspired on New things to write about this year! xx

      Delete
  4. For every post you make inspires me a whole lot. All i can say is keep it up. Nice pics too.

    http://frances-diaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I have readers like you who take the time out to look at my blog for more than just it's photos.

      your comments & support means the world to me and I'm glad my words connect with you

      Delete
  5. great advice.Makes too much sense

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also a believer that life is too short & to always learn from your mistakes..Hope you had a wonderful Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you did also hun. happy New Year x
      glad my words resonated with you

      Delete
  7. Hahaha, I've been on your blog for the past 10 minutes or so reading up on everything from the notion that single ladies shouldn't be hitting the clubs to your "old soul" references. Now following!
    If you get the time you could check mine out?
    xoxo
    http://canneverbeaskinnybish.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww I do that with other blogs! I'm so happy I captured your attention enough to keep you reading back a few posts

      will check out your blog tonight

      Delete
  8. you look awesome in all black, and love your turban!
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all black! although I'll be attempting to wear mire colour this year

      thanks for stopping by, will check out your blog

      Delete
  9. love thus look alot, awesome outfit. i just updated and put up some awesome outfits i think you enjoy, check it out when you have the chance

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete