Meet the Adebanjos Live

Went on a family outing to watch 'Meet the Adebanjo's' Live at Hackney Empire. I've gotta say, BRAVO! *round of applause* I was stunned by the performance! Not being a huge fan of slapstick comedy, I abstained from watching it online when the series took Africans in diaspora by storm, early last year. However, I was much mistaken.
 Blazer : custom made (Nigeria) | Basque : Panache (eBay) | Highwaisted Peglegs : ASOS
The director of the production is a good mate of my sister's, having attended the same university. As a result of this, we were lucky enough to snag some pretty decent floor seats, a stone-throw away from the action. And boy were we glad! The show was amazing! I swear, at a point, I was literally gonna wet my pants!
The actors were on top form, and the comedic timing could not be critiqued. Brilliant! Far exceeded any expectations I might have had, walking in. When T-Boy walked on stage, I lost it! I was like a screeching groupie, Lord know why? My mother for sure must have questioned my upbringing at that point lol. He has definitely been a faithful fan of the gym over the summer , and it shows.
Necklace : Topshop
T-Boy's acting was on point, but my gongs have to go to the Papa Adebanjo, the Oyinbo dude and then the 'Pastor'. Dude had me in tears, for sure! When they were taking their bows at the end, the oyinbo dude and the pastor had an azonto dance-off. I mean, come on? Does it get much better?
Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! Meet the Adebanjo's Live, cant believe I'm saying this...but its a must see! Xisses 

23 comments

  1. love your hairstyle, love the jacket

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...I'm so jealous...was gna go...:(
    You look stunny by d way & i love dt jacket x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You SO should've gone hun!
      Thanks sweetie...I love that blazer too :)

      Delete
  3. Your blazer is gorge!

    'All things J' http://trinibkbabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thankyou sweetie x
      I'm gonna check out your blog

      Delete
  4. looove the last picture....skin is flawless!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Its called foundation sweetie...I wish! hahaaaaa

      Delete
  5. aww i miss family outings!! :'(((((

    your blazer is hot!!! need to get my mother to get one made for me when she goes to Nige!


    www.lollihearts.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss YOU! Come back!!! *crosses off day on calendar* COUNTDOWN!

      thanks dude....defs wanna get more made. Hopefully more muted tones and more styles too :)

      Delete
  6. Your hair and outfit are very nice... Meet the adebanjos is too funny lol.. wouldn't mind watching it in the theatre one day like yourself. lool @ the T-boy groupie reaction lol! shame!. I like your blog as well so I thought I'd let you know that I nominated you for the versatile blogger award.. Feel free to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks sweetie! I think I've had that award in the past, but I'll be sure to link your blog on the right hand side.
      Will check you out now xx

      I loved the show...LOL! I totes was a shameless groupie dude. I dont even know where that came from? LOL

      Delete
  7. Thanks :)
    Your blazer is fantastic,I really like it!!
    Kisses

    http://www.facebook.com/MissyCheeksLooks?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, sounds like tons of fun! and lady...you certainly have style!

    Thanks for your sweet comments on my previous posting!
    If you go through my site, you will find my new post, I hope you enjoy it!

    Hope you have a fabulous start of the week!
    Big hugs!

    Inés
    SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really WAS a ton of fun! Defs recommend it to others to check out :)

      Thanks! I'm so flattered

      I DID have a FAB week, thanks! Finally 23! Post coming soon :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I really want even more ankara pieces. Just need a great tailor...

      Delete
  10. Your blazer is just too much! =] x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww thankyou hun! I love it!
      Want a more muted colour next though....on the lookout.
      Holla if you know any good african stores x

      Delete
  11. Awww ofcourse I'll have a look at your blog hun x

    ReplyDelete