Kaleidoscope Dream

I had a dream, clear as day. Revelation-like moment, where I began to live and breathe for the day it would be fulfilled. It wasn't. For a nanosecond, I was crushed, but then I picked myself up and moved on. Is that normal? Is that strange? Who cares? Its life...and I'm here to say, it SUCKS! Aaliyah once sang "if at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again". Well, no one quite prepares you for just how many set-backs adulthood has in store, and just how many times you'll be patting down that dusty jacket of life.
Jacket : Topshop | Cropped Top : Primark (B.I.Y) | Trousers : Thrifted (London) | Sandals : H&M
When you're younger, you have a colourful array of dreams every so often, ranging from career to love life to travel, and when any or one of these are crushed, you go down with them. A cycle of doom, self-pity and regret. Adult dreams are far more realistic, and you'll grow to find that the barrier to most of them is self-imposed. So when one of them goes unfulfilled, you take a minute out for the 'woe-is-me' fraff, you pick yourself up and you carry the hell on.
Harsh right? Well, that's my point. Its the bitter truth that no one quite tells you. We all grow up having been spoon-fed these tall-tales of what adulthood is like; ample freedom, self-inflicted responsibility, autonomy. To some extent, these are all true, but with the birth of those, lies the death of childlike dreams, hope, lust...
 Necklace : eBay | Watch : Michael Kors | Belt : H&M
Before you all slowly drift towards the phone to dial 999 so the men in white coats come & handle me, ask yourself...when was the last time you dreamt? Not sleepy-time dreaming, I mean full-on "I want to travel the world" kinda dreams. Now ask yourself whether it was actually fulfilled when you wanted it to and panned out exactly as planned? No, didn't think so. Yet, we are led to believe the acceptance that the world doesn't spin around our axis, is the telling of true growth & maturity?
I want to dream again! I want my dreams fulfilled! I've learned that by being sucked into the monotony of adulthood, not only have I lost the will to dream but I have in turn, lost sight of my old dreams. So much so, that I now feel lost. What am I working towards? *sigh* In order to dream, one must settle the mind, and take a time-out from their everyday malarkey. I urge us all to do that. Take a life time-out, step outside of your usual routine, and DREAM dammit!
Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! Its time to birth an array of dreams like the colours in a kaleidoscope. Xisses

23 comments

  1. I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS OUTFIT!
    the neon with the spikes,it looks really casual and stylish i probably would have worn converses with it though or trainers knowing me

    check out my latest blog post in your spare time
    http://www.londongirlchronicles.com/2012/10/leicester-girl-chronicles.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie...x
      Not really a converse wearing kinda gal anymore, but I see what you mean.

      Delete
  2. Girl, I dream all the time. I never plan the how and when... Just the what. And the universe has graciously granted me a lot of them. Keep dreaming hun! Dream as big as possible.

    ~Sherine
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEN to that! I will defs keep dreaming... :)

      Delete
  3. i love your necklace :)
    nice outfit **

    http://brummelandme.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your trousers.

    www.vievebutterfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. Always a treasure in thrift stores...

      Delete
  5. Aaliyah's song try again is such a great inspo song... I love this look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SUCH a great inspiration....but you must know when its best to stay down.

      Delete
  6. So so so true!!! So many of my friends have been thinking the same thing. We can't keep waiting for stuff to happen and as adults we have to go for it ourselves before it's too late. Our 20s are the years where we need to do the things we won't be able to do once married with kids and a morgage. So go for it. If you fall, get up and try again ! And ps. You look lovely !

    xoxo
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!
      Exactly! We have to take risks while we don't have dependants etc.

      And thanks....I LOVE your blog! So honoured to see your comment on here x

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. LOL thanks...i like the fact you think they're retro lol

      Delete
  8. amazing trousers, love the colour and fit! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super stylish outfit! You look fantastic! If you get a second, I'd love to hear your thoughts about my latest outfit :)

    http://mademoiselle-s-blog.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS hun!
      Will defs have a look at your blog boo x

      Delete
  10. Love the necklace dear :)

    www.coffeecreamandthecaffeine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete