4th of July

Happy Independence Day to all my American readers!!! I know you're all probably out getting slushed, and wont be able to read this until you're nursing a hangover tomorrow, with a cup of strong Americana coffee in one hand, and the phone in the other (pulling a sickie lol). Cheers to the merriment that is...INDEPENDENCE!
Cardigan : Uniqlo | Shirt : Blanco (Gran Canaria) | Trousers : Thrifted (London) 
Shoes : Dorothy Perkins
And Geez! Aint it sweet? I think all of us, once in our lives, have had that moment of liberation from a particular circumstance. Whether it be from the captivity of the education on that fateful graduation day, or the chains of anxiety as you nervously twitch and tick until you receive the decision letter to an interview. We've all been there. However, what I want to speak on today is the eternal captivity we trap ourselves in. Just when one chain is unlatched, we discover we've unintentionally tangled ourselves in another. In reference to the freedom felt on graduation, and the liberation experienced through summer, the reality for most graduates is an endless cycle of applications, or the re-emergence in that same loathed education system, by enrolling for a Masters/ Postgraduate degree.
Bag : ZARA | Belt : Primark | Necklace : **NeeNee's | Watch : Michael Kors
In light of the news received this morning of Frank Ocean's sexuality revelation, I was intrigued by the public uproar on social networking sites like Twitter and Youtube. Supposed 'fans' stigmatising the artist's life choice, when in factuality, the proof was in the pudding. I have referenced Frank Ocean's 'We All Try' lyrics once before (in 'Gray May Day'), and argued the view that it is a life choice, but not one that everyone needs to be gagged into siding with. I love his music, and see no reason why the recent revelation of his sexuality should steer me into thinking of his material otherwise. He is a musical genius, and has shed light on the turmoil of growing up in a single parent household, and the fear of a man unable to deal with his own fear and grief. Why should the enlightenment to a fraction of his character, urge me to think of him differently? What we, as 'liberal' 21st Century thinkers, need to consider, is how our apparent accommodating cosmopolitan society, is really just a facade waiting to crumble.
Blazer : Thrifted (London)
Here is a man that chose to unchain himself from the social definition of an R'n'B singer. Let us rise above the primitive mentality that once defined us humans in the archaic stone ages, and embrace the fact that life isn't black and white, but contains shades of grey. In regards to education, or further chains we may see ourselves re-clasping, let us release our minds of that view, and see these as stepping stones. Application forms may seem endless (and at times, fruitless), but it is inevitable. With or without qualifications, life is full of social cages, and it is up to us to seek out the key to success and unlock ourselves.
Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! Cheers to the freedom bestowed on all citizens on Independence Day, but the further entrapment of ourselves into social and political confinement is for us to say. Xisses

31 comments

  1. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love you Mr. Anonymous. Thanks for taking the time out to read it x

      Delete
  2. very nice entry~ greeting from Malaysia..!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings back at you, from London!!
      Thank you x

      Delete
  3. Love your blue cardigan and you hair is so pretty :)

    xoxo
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for visit my blog too... are a lawyer????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Practicing to be a lawyer boo. Why do you ask?

      Delete
  5. Hey nice look and blog here!
    I'm your newest follower now, hope you will visit my blog too and follow me back if you like it!
    XOXO
    Ylenia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie. Gonna take a look at your blog now x

      Delete
  6. You are such a doll...cute look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is so fun and I love the way you write. Great post and I hope you had a great 4th of July too

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie...I try and scribe my mind, and I love that my readers & followers take the time out to read my posts. Erm....I live in London, so no need to celebrate 4th of July LOL
      But...thanks, I guess.

      Delete
  8. I love this outfit. The blue jacket is adorable.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog! This post is awesome!
    Check out my blog, write your opinion and maybe...follow?
    Where are you from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie. I will most definitely check out your blog

      Delete
  10. Great post! I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fabulous post doll! Love your writing style and of course your thought process.

    Great outfit as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun :)
      Glad you enjoyed the post

      Delete
  12. I absolutely love this. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww thanks boobear!
    Checking out your blog now...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thankyou! *blush*
    I will definitely check out your blog boo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. cannot believe there was such a big deal about frank ocean! he is a very brave guy and i think he did a good thing. plus he's crazy talented :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he's mad talented too.
      Sexual identity shouldn't define your talent.
      I'm glad he's deemed it as irrelevant and is just pursuing the utility of his talent to the fullest

      Delete