Menswear Mondays: The Cover-up

Gah! I love a guy in a suit. And what I love more is one that throws on a scarf and a wooly coat over it. I just wanna lap 'em all up...its the sexiest thing, like, EVER! Don't you agree? What I can't stand, however, is how the coat (or cover-up, for the benefit of this post) can hide a multitude of sins. Now, its coming to the season where every guy is tryna max out their gym cards and get their body right in time for white tee's to entice chics like buzzing bees. So, as the coats are flung to their respective storage spots, one is left to wonder, what lies beneath?
 Coat : Littlewoods | Shrug : Lipsy (eBay) | Shirt : Blanco (Gran Canaria) | Skirt : H&M
So also is it with a guy's attitude. Everyone knows you put on a facade when you first meet a girl. It may not be intentional, but you wanna put your best foot forward. So out comes the game, the wooing, the charm....but what lies beneath? Some guys can cleverly mask a multitude of sins beneath their charm, from the breadths of a child and a baby momma, to the depths of a criminal conviction. I know some of my readers will gasp at the extremity of these instances, but I can testify to the truth of these scenarios. Trust me, its not beyond the realm of belief.
 Bag : ZARA | Chelsea Boots : Dorothy Perkins 
An episode of 'How I Met Your Mother' explored the possibility of everyone carrying their [metaphorical] baggage around with them, labelled. That way, everyone is aware of the issues you have from the get-go, before falling in too deep. My male readers will shake their heads at this, for sure! There's NO girl in their right mind that would like you from day1, having told her you're 30 years of age, live at home with your mother and father twins? I stand my ground. Just as an obese man parades in a Prada coat, pretending that the bulk is all muscle, so also is the illusion of every man's game.
Literature : My Last Duchess
As a reformed pessimist (although I'm slowly crawling back into the 'all men are dogs' hole), I can see how this may look to some, and as always, i must correct any misconceptions this article may arouse. No, I am not saying that certain qualities should deem a man an outcast, I'm merely proposing the notion of placing all the cards on the table from the start of the game. Yes, a girl may wear butt-pads, wonderbra, fake lashes, weave, and heels, to alter her level of attractiveness. So also do men flash their cash, rock shades, rent cars, throw on Versace coats over Primark outfits, to create the illusion of wealth. Only difference is, the following morning, the guy wakes up to the reality of the chic's standard. A girl wakes up to a plush penthouse apartment thats driving the dude to diamond-mine levels of debt.
Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! Cover-up your sins with a coat, but the weight of it will surely sink no matter how hard you struggle to keep it afloat. Xisses. 

35 comments

  1. I always love reading ur posts, u never disappoint xxx
    thepiscesway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i so love a man in a suit.....yummy!

    i enjoyed this post; it's very real. too many people are begging a fake projection of themselves; people should try to be more real in how they approach and deal with others from the outset. no-one wants nasty surprises down the line!

    www.thatgoodgirlchi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *fans self* As do I sweetie!

      Yes! I'm SO done with that whole fakery of some men. Show me the real you from the get-go

      Delete
  3. I love your look hunni! That coat is super fab. And I definitely look twice at a guy with a coat amd scarf....its so masculine and classy. That grown man style is indeed sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coat is absolutely amazing, I totally love the cut, the length, and the colour - it pops! <3
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie! Got it a while ago from Littlewoods for a mere £5/£7....can't really remember but it was dead cheap! LOL

      Delete
  5. I love your coats dear and the location is lovely

    xoxo
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really liking this outfit! You look very chic and elegant. Thank you for your sweet comment! Actually, we just posted about a giveaway where you can win anything in their store. You should participate <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I've missed the giveaway but thanks but being a sweetheart and popping by my blog :)

      Delete
  7. You look beautiful! I love the outfit!

    http://www.themirroronthewall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your bag!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hunny. ZARA really went in with the new shopper :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Erm...the backdrop's my back garden ....but erm, thanks :)

      Delete
  10. your bag is amazin'...u look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your coats, and you look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so great! Awesome bag <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look amazing
    everything is so right .. I really like everything!
    your bag amazing
    хх

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks :)
      I think that was the point of the post....looks on the outside, can be deceiving. Lord knows what I was hiding underneath...

      Delete
  14. Gorgeous style, love the coat and bag darling

    Just wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment.

    I would love for you to follow me on twitter @BloggerEda

    Eda ♥

    www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie! and yeah...liked your blog :)

      Delete
  15. I also love a man in a suite & I love this look. I really like your style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey girl! love ur style and ur blog!
    Thnx for visiting mine! i'm gonna follow u,and i'll be glad to see u in my list of followers! ;)

    xoxo
    http://staceyko.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete