Judge Not

On sunday, my brother sent a text asking whether I'd seen Kelly Rowland on Page 3. Sorry...come again? Kelly Rowland? The Sun? Page 3? Surely there is a mix-up somewhere. I was stunned to silence. All that kept ringing in my head was the clientelle of readership The Sun drew. Yes, its the most widely read paper in the UK, but it also has a reputation for producing trashy material, with little or no substance. And not to mention, its Page 3 is infamous for showcasing the muck of society, and promulgating the desire for all women in the UK to aspire to don fake boobs and lipo up the fat they can't burn off in the gym.
 Knitted Cape : Primark | Maxi Dress : Oasis | Tank top (layered) : H&M
Reading the captions of Rowland's pics enraged me more...the paper was outright mocking her, and the 'role model' persona she'd been prancing around with, as a judge on X-Factor. This was like spitting on the face of her upbringing, her career, and most importantly, her religious background. My brother, as a plastic surgeon (read HIS take on Kelly's pictures) questioned what exactly her pictures represented? That women could only feel sexy, or be socially accepted as aesthetically pleasing once they'd up'd their cup size by going under the knife? COME ON!
 Watch : Guess | Studded Pumps : Urban Outfitters
We get that it takes time for a female to feel like a woman in her own skin, but we're tired of looking at all that skin, thank you very much Miss Rowland! I mean, if its not the nipple slips, its the uber-raunchy Rihanna'esque videos, with unacceptable-before-watershed lyrics to boot. I mean, 'lay it on me'? 'I'm down for whatever'? And these aren't even embedded in the bridge somewhere, these are the titles and blasted choruses of the songs. Like, WTAF?!?
Sex appeal is something that most women aspire to exude, or struggle to tame; its the way in which its packaged thats most important. 'Lady in the street but a freak in the sheets' is probably the most recycled words in the black community. Through the years, I've endured several conversations/debates among guys over who they'd smash/bang/bone (depending on the generation in question), and it all boils down to simple bodily arithmetics; Boobs + Small waist + Bum/Hip  i.e. the unattainable ratio of 36:24:36. But what strikes me as odd is when they throw a beanpole into the mix, and passionately argue that she trumps the lot, ample assets and all. Thus, I beg the question (that was inspired by a fellow tweeter on my timeline yesterday), are guys actually attracted to the assets, or the confidence of the woman carrying those assets? Many men have assured me that its not so much what the girl has got, as much as working with what shes got...and it upsets me that it took a silicone filler for an attractive woman like Kelly Rowland to deem herself as sexy enough to pose nude on a cheap spread.

Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! Rowl model my arse! This XXX-Judge is on the bench, and I'm ruling that she's guilty as charged. Xisses

27 comments

  1. I also think her songs are so raunchy these days, she needs to retrace her steps a little

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Her lyrics aren't even suggestive, they lay it all out on the table.
      Its a tad on the tacky front if you ask me.
      SHE SO DOES!! I liked the 'stole' and 'bump like this' kelly...I mean, by the latter she was donning all chained see-through dress a la Toni Braxton, but still....she was wearing clothes! More than I can say for the pampers she wore for 'Lay it on Me' *sigh*

      I love Kelly...she just needs to find herself I think

      Delete
  2. so well written...
    love love love your blog always and forever
    im still in shock, Kelly on page 3.
    wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you :)
      I KNOW! Still in shock!

      Delete
  3. I love this look! so chic! so feminine! and kellys page 3 is a desperate cry to remain relevant IMO. beyonce's all over the gaff with her baby...kelly's grasping for attention...still its no excuse! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL gracias babydoll
      And yes...she really is crying to be in the spotlight. She just can't seem to win Queen Bey, no matter WHAT she does

      And btw, whats IMO?

      Delete
  4. Amazing Post, Great Photos :D I hope you will follow my blog :)

    leopardinleather.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love your blog. I am following you now :). I hope you can check out mine and follow back. SO HAPPY! Thanks for your time. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check yours out...and thanks SO much for stopping by mine and reading and writing such a sweet comment :)

      Delete
  6. Went through your blog..it's quite interesting..thanks for stopping by mine, i' ll be following you henceforth..xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thankyou hunny :) I appreciate the love x

      Delete
  7. A woman's (and arguably, a man's breasts also) are constantly exposed to scrutiny, portray personality, and are major communicators. It is interesting how much financial value one may place on breast enhancements, for it would be unrealistic to ignore that it is of real socioeconomic importance. Just how much more money did Miss Kelly Rowland bring into the bank after her breast enhancements?

    The fundamental question is would she have brought the same return on investment if she worked on her self-consciousness internally, compared with working on her aesthetics externally? This underlines your point exactly that it took a silicone filler for an attractive woman like Miss Kelly Rowland to deem herself as sexy enough to pose nude on a cheap spread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, i can see her managers and the financial team behind her, raking in major cash since she went under the knife. That cannot be denied.
      As a member of DC, she was always a shadow to Beyonce...and in her plight for spotlight time of her own, she took the plunge. But whats really changed? It is evident from what myself and other readers have pointed out, that she is STILL in the shadows and yes, she can claim to be happier now, but at what cost?

      Delete
  8. Love the color and cut of that gorgeous cape! Wish I could see more of it...great look, very sophisticated chic!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such thoughtful comments, hope you’ll be back to see my latest designs!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou hunny...as sophisticated as Primark can get LOL
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  9. Oh no, I love Miss Kelly but you're right; we are promoting the society ideals of sexy and beauty through augmentation and over "sexing" in videos as well. It needs to stop.

    BTW, LOVE your maxi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I love me some Ms Rowland....but all this is distorting women's view about what is right and what they should be proud/ashamed of!
      What happened to natural beauty advocates? I'm not sure i can point to a single lady in Hollywood who hasn't altered something or other. I mean, what does that mean? Without a bit of work you can't be deemed beautiful enough to be propelled into the spotlight? Utter BULL

      Thanks SO much...I love that dress too. Transitional piece that can be worn all seasons

      Delete
  10. That knitted cape, just perfect. The colour is so pretty, and looks so well with the blacks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hunny...for only £10 as well. BARGAIN!
      Gotta love Primark! And yes, it works so well with black, as well as nudes. More OOTD's coming soon featuring it :)

      Delete
  11. I hadn't seen those photos of Kelly yet, what a shame. I agree with your words whole-heartedly.

    xx Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. I love that dress too. And a bargain at only £9 with student discount at the time :)

      Delete
  13. i am loving your blog! all the things u write about in your own style.. so cool! ps, kelly rowland in page 3 for real?! *facepalm*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun x
      And I KNOW!!! jaw-dropper that one... :O

      Delete
  14. That dress looks lovely on you x
    www.styleandbeautie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete