BLEURGHair: The Invisible Side Part

Hola Bleurgher Boos! I'm SERIOUSLY lagging behind but this was the hairstyle I was rocking three hair-do's ago...but I'm working on a catch-up. The style was intended for my cousin's wedding, which was held in Nigeria (post on my Nigerian Experience coming soon...).
I'd been rocking a bob of several variations, for a while and wanted a longer style that was feminine and accentuated my facial features. I've always LOVED side fringes, but have always struggled to find a good-enough hairdresser to get it JUST right. So who better than me? I'm growing my health-risked natural hair underneath, and wanted to still keep it in a protective style, and after MONTHS of Lolli from LolliHearts selling me the pros of 'invisible parting', I decided to give it a go.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with this technique, you basically braid your entire hair in the pattern of your parting, with no leave-outs. Then you sew in 4/5ths of your weave leaving about an inch in front, where you will either sew/glue in tracks, horizontally towards your face. If that made no sense to you whatsoever? Then you're probably sailing in the same boat as my hairdresser, and I will tell you exactly what I told her (or showed her, after instructing her to take out the mess she had sewn on my head...yeah! I'm a difficult client, get over it)...WATCH YOUTUBE!
I left her with a HUGE smile on my face, and went home to curl the hair into a wavy finish, and trim a side-sweep-fringe for myself. I LOVED this hair...it was full, dark and wispy. The perfect combination. What do you darls think? And are any of you invisible-part addicts? LOL

Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! Sweep the fringe with a hair slide, you still can't spot the tracks on an invisible side. Xisses

27 comments

  1. I actually just had this done. My hairdresser is a pro at it. He even convinced me to do. I found the tracks we're pulling off though after a few weeks! Rock it and Love it! That's all I can say!

    ~x~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thats such a shame. I am a firm advocate for invisible parting. Now I just sew it in though...

      Delete
  2. Wow you look stunning I love the hair. thank you soo much for stopping by and showing me love on my blog you have great style love the blog

    xoxo

    jeimy

    ReplyDelete
  3. this hair is gorgeous and really does flatter your features a lot

    www.deejayspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovestruck... Had the same experience with my hairdresser, she said she knew how to do it, the woman HAD NO IDEA....I didn't know you went Naija, looking forward to your post I'm sure it's going to be entertaining...xxx

    http://followmein5inchheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im in love with your hair! sooo pretty! Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    lalageorgia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That hairstyle looks so amazing on you!

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks darls xx
    @Promise, yeah Lolli warned me about that but my tracks only came off when I washed my hair, and that was to be expected. I loved it until the day I took it off and it got nappy as hell LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl... I had the invisible side part a year ago but 1) it only lasted me 2weeks. $90 for two weeks? I said never again and 2) I didnt realize you couldnt wash the hair! I tried to give my head a nice little scrub and the center piece came falling out.

    I hope you had/have better luck! This seems more practical for folks like yourself who know how to do and maintain hair

    xx
    josie
    www.straightnochase.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL It didn't last that long in that good condition tbh...but such is life. It went to Nigeria & back in one piece and thats all I cared about tbh LOL.

      Delete
  9. Your hair looks fab!
    HTTP://WWW.BADBARBARA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your comment!

    You look great!!!

    xo

    http://voguesweetvogue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you like rock, watch and listen Meghido on http://meghidoband.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. swear you can rock any hair, NICE!

    look forward to your naija post.

    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww the post is now up...had SO much fun! Hard to summarise.

      And thanks for the compliment man...I love switiching up my hair, I bore SO easily! LOL

      Delete
  13. you look lovely and the fringe really suits you xo

    ReplyDelete