All That Glitters

I fought the urge to write this post, as i felt it was only feeding the ignorance of some idiots, but it just HAD to be done. This is an open letter to all the ign'ant goons that had something to say about 'true beauty' and the 'deception caused by women who wear makeup' after the Beauty By JJ saga. As a twitter/youtube pal of hers, it hurt me to see just how mean people were being over the entire situation. I refuse to dwell on the situation itself, but focus more on reflecting on the nonsensical comments spun by narrow minded misogynists.
 Birthday Dress : TFNC
1) Beauty is skin-deep; makeup only enhances it. I got so sick of guys spinning the same fraff about them not caring whats on your face & how we don't need to pile on makeup. In Jennie's 'ramble' video, she made a valid point: "aren't the girls with weaves and makeup the same girls you move to in a club?". TRUTH! All this natural beauty malarkey is dog's bullocks. Girls get dolled up to go on a night-out & guys, respectively, pay attention to the girls that make the most effort and look the best. Its simple after-hours algebra. I am a guy's girl, so I'm speaking from experience, not just going off the smoke thats made me high in my lil bubble; guys sniff out which girl is fine, weed out the 'butter's friend' (usually with the aid of a wing man who distracts her) in the aim of 'pulling' (an English term translating to taking a girl home, hooking up or for the pre-pubescent, getting her number) by the end of the night. FACT! So don't come all Pastor Ashimolowo, acting like makeup is of the devil *kmt*
 Birthday Weekend (rather belated update) dinner at Cha Cha Moon, dessert at Candy Cakes and a night out in Market Place club
2) Shadowed Application. I guess the only thing that can really be said is, guys like girls getting all dolled up, they just don't want to witness it all taking place. The truth of the matter is, when a girl like Jennie Jenkins walks the streets, she probably can't walk to the end of the road without turning a few heads. But the uproar is much akin to the reaction your boyfriend will give when sitting on the bed before dinner, watching you apply everything from your MAC foundation to your Sleek contouring and finishing with your Maybelline false lash effect mascara. He will ALWAYS interject with, "babe, you don't need all of that"....BULL! If he saw you without it, he probably wouldn't even BE your boyfriend to begin with. "Sweatpants, hair tied back, chillin' with not makeup on. That's when you' the prettiest, I hope that you don't take it wrong" - Drake. BULL! This is the same Drake thats dated girls from Rihanna to the swivel-chic thats swung down so many metal poles you might as well call her an alloy.
Other Options (clockwise from top left): FCUK; New Look; House of Fraser; TFNC
3) Flip the Script. Now, before some 'real ladies' come on her giving me all that lip, I want to make one thing perfectly clear...I am NOT saying girls who don't wear makeup are ugly. Neither am I saying all guys are shallow (strike that, thats EXACTLY what I'm saying...LOL), but the point I'm trying to make is that makeup is a matter of personal preference. If a girl wants to cake up, rock weave and totter down the street in heels everyday, thats HER prerogative. What I want to turn my attention to, are the guys that felt it their earthly purpose to spread the word on this female 'deception', warning guys to be careful. Like, REALLY?!? Those same guys have probably been rejected one too many times by girls as gorgeous as Jennie, and this is their avenue for revenge. Its sad cos they failed to realise the embarrassment they may have felt from the rejection they may have experienced was on a far smaller scale to that which they caused to the poor girl. At least her flaws can be airbrushed with a kabuki brush, how ugly do YOU look to your peers after subjecting her to vain scrutiny under the illusion that you were enlightening others?

Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! All that glitters may not be gold, but spare us 'cos your views fit into an archaic, ignorant mould. Xisses.

25 comments

  1. I agree hun totally! Well said. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends on whether youre trying to attract boys or men a real man that has actually reached a mature level of thinking will appreciate natural beauty n if you are truly beautiful you know you dnt hve to wear mke up evdy. Black women r just trying to be like evry body else wen we should embrace the fact tht we are unique why should we try n mke ourselves look like thm. I validate myself i dnt need a man to validate me im beautiful inside more importantly n out thts all tht should matter really, Men are shallow but if u dnt teach thm theyl never learn u hve to mke thm respect you. stand for nothing n youl fall for everything. 8 could go on but we'l leave it there

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like hugging you for this. PREACH! I have absolutely nothing else to add.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omdz I could so hug you right now everything you've said is exactly what I've been arguing...Hold tight all my ladies whether caked up in make up or not xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldnt have put it any better myself...to add to thsat. I would say that we are perfectly made in God's image..thereforeusing makeup shouldnt be based on society's perception of beauty or to try and be more attractive to the opposite sex. That is some of us girls' problem...some say its to boost confidence etc but its false and again I am saying for some...those girls start to hide behind in and in that process become insecure, vain and literally CANNOT imagine going out without makeup. I think thats the downside to makeup when you subsequently rely on the makeup and cannot be comfortable in your own skin. Having said that, I would say that guys' view that girls are deceiving them with makeup is absolutely and utter rubbish because yes they do fish out 4 da 'hottest' and this is defined by how dolled up she is..the saddest truth is that it is society and the media that has made us this way BUT if your reason for using makeup is to enhance ur looks, be more confident etc that is fine but we should still be secure without it. After all no1 is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was practically screaming preach through this entire post make up is a personal preference and I'm sick of guys thinking that their opinion is just so valued when I hear guys go on about natural beauty I can't help but think NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK but we are all allowed an opinion just guys need to understand their opinion isn't of importance because it is the women in question's choice! and some women need to stop giving guys that kind of power over them

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen any of the drama regarding this blogger to comment! However I completely agree with your post WELL DONE!!! and have to say you look fab in these pics.. i actually have the gold new look dress myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty dresses, esp. the gold off the shoulder!
    Every word you said is true!!
    I wear my natural hair (most of the time) and little to no makeup- I'm comfortable with me, if a dude don't like it...hey...

    htto://rennea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the gold sequinned dresses!!!

    http://eznira.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous dresses!

    xo Ashleigh

    www.thedaileigh.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your first dress!!

    Kisses Anne

    http://annenobody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it !!!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, this post is soooo true, they are certainly attracted to looks at first and the personality is what keeps them. No need to lie about it fellas! BTQ you look smokin lady!!
    xoxo,
    NajaDiamond

    ReplyDelete
  14. sexy dresses, love the first one

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAHA! You said it girl. I love this post. It's so entertainingly funny, yet true. And I agree with you. Make up enhances how a girl looks, and sure, sometimes it can be 'deceiving' but no guy can say they truly prefer (every) girl to be natural and without make up. Not always the prettiest. And I can say for myself, I'm not stepping out of the house without make up on, because it doesn't look good! But there are guys out there, perhaps when they love a girl enough, that don't care about appearance after all the make up is off, but that comes after getting to know the person first.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I felt so bad for JJ.
    I admire her style a lot. Not so many people can be very dexterous with makeup like her.
    I don't know, would they rather have her walk around with dark blemishes when she can afford to put some make up over it and feel very comfortable?
    No doubt like you clearly stated, she's so pretty and way off their league.
    Nice post dear, prouda you to have her back.
    I actually saw the whole thing through a fellow girl, who couldn't even put a hold on spilling very derogatory comments.

    Just joined your blog.
    Checkout mine too when you can xx

    janylbenyl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look fab in all the dresses, but the one chose is a very good one! Making my shopping bug come on strong!

    standupout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Work it Girl!
    http://fashunbeesdaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you sweeties! ANd yeah...it really was sad what happened to 'Jennie Jenkins'. You can't hide a light under a bushel, and i'm just so proud that her light is shining brighter than ever now. Regardless of the countless efforts those bitter, jobless goons made to bring her down. In the most un-cheesy way, I mean it when I say...support each other, makeup is a CHOICE not a staple, and guys are a confused breed
    THAT IS ALL :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. GIRL! your hair flick in the middle pose...WERK!!! lmaooo. i love the gold dress! smooookin'!!

    ReplyDelete