Menswear Mondays: The Short Suit

This look was inspired by Kourtney Kardashian but the shorts suit itself stands as a metaphor for a man with a short fuse. I've heard this line molested by men one too many times; "I have anger management issues"...no dude! You don't look fly proclaiming that to the world so lets nip that in the bud.
Blazer & Silk Shirt : Thrifted (Wales) | Shorts : Matalan
We live in an evolving society where the archaic stereotypes of men as emotionless robots is being eradicated and replaced by metrosexual substitutes. Men are opening up more on social media networks or stylistically/therapeutically blogging, opening up a gateway of understanding into their psyche for females. Along with the perks of this newly opened avenue of understanding, comes the short fuses.
Tie : **Brother's (Burton) | Belt : Primark | Satchel : Oasis | Brogues : New Look
When boys were younger, it was cute to throw a tantrum now and again. It got even hotter for your street-cred getting in fights or being sent out of class when you got to High School....but as a man? Patience truly IS a virtue. Women are reckless with emotions, throwing hurtful words in the air in a fit of rage. Now, as mentioned in previous Menswear Mondays' posts, we live in a world ridden with gender bias, so pardon me for flipping the script completely for the opposite gender...but men need to learn that at any age past getting those GCSE grades, its wiser for you to hone in that temper and upgrade your demeanour. Girls talk! We all know that....so when this dude (that me & my girlies are familiar with) started his termly menstrual cycle, and was throwing b*tch fits left, right & centre....best believe girls started parting like the red sea upon his arrival. Its just NOT a good look. No girl wants to take the risk of being the RiRi to your Breezy flip-out. 
I was beyond disgusted at the finale of Basketball Wives Season 3 when Eric Williams retaliated by throwing water *splash* at Jennifer's face. Like, really? I feel like, yes, what Jennifer did was immature and a cheap shot....but for him to degrade himself on national television like that? WHACK! He came out looking like a bigger loser because gentlemen aren't supposed to lose their temper like that [publicly]....PERIOD! A gentleman should still carry himself with enough class to manage his temper publicly. Its a shame that some women carry themselves with ladette distaste, but the age of the gentleman (in my opinion) is not dead.

Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! Lengthen the patience of a man's short fuse & watch him transform to a woman's 'perfect man' muse. Xisses

19 comments

  1. awesome post, you should write a book, the world would read it. love the outfit too.xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment! You are so sweet! Love this outfit. Very classy!

    Don't forget to enter my giveaway! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it especailly the shoes and the the blazer. Black and white is very classic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girly I came by to first of all thank you for your kind words on my post at "cupcakes and notes" and second of all to talk with you lol. In serious level though I love the feminine silhouette that can be found in your outfit and I think little by little men are slowly opening up rather than always being the heartless robot they ought to be. I don't really watch Basketball Wives but what you stated does prove that the guy lack some class

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like so much this blog. I hope you can check out mine.
    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the look! Super fab! :)
    ~Toria

    www.bonafidestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comment on my blog!

    http://ohchaarr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this outfit - so envious of your thrifty finds! :)

    Fashion Stereotype

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your comment! Great outfit

    X Zoe X
    http://intrepidinspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i love your shoes!
    mind to visit and follow me? I'll follow you back then :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this look!!! I want to do wear something like this for a special moment,like a wedding or something like that.You look great and I agree with you about gentlemen,what´s wrong with them??? You have a great blog. www.stylepicture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this look!!!! You look so chic & stylish & you definitely pulled it off perfectly. Gorgeous! xox

    I just became your newest follower. I would love for you to check out our blog & follow us back if you'd like! :)

    Also, enter our giveaway for a Tiffany & Co. necklace by liking our Facebook page!

    Blessings,

    Kat
    www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. super fab look, really chic.
    The post was also good...I find men who loose their temper publicly disgusting.

    ReplyDelete