BLEURGHair

**Soundtrack of the Minute - Collared Greens And Cornbread : Fantasia**
EEEK!! I got my hair done today! I always feel nervous the night before a new do....uber-excited in the morning....and either tearful or exceedingly satisfied in the evening. Luckily, this time, my emotions fall into the latter category. To the disappointment of a few, there will be no embarassing video of me prancing around excited at the new do....*BLEURGH*
 The journey started last Christmas when I spotted that pic of Ciara (top left) with bleach blonde lo-lights in her hair! I was in LOVE but gave the idea to my cousin...sadly her crop didn't quite turn out as planned so that put me off for a WHILE! Then last month, in my moments of boredom, I became addicted to Wendy Williams show and in this clip with Raven Symone (top right), I fell in love with lo-lights again. I saw this 'Ombre' post on my new BLEURGHSESSION - Ring My Bell what I have also been in love with for months on Lauren Conrad (click on the link and check it out)....so it was a done deal!
I've wanted a short crop since forever, its just....it never quite looks like that (LeToya Luckett - bottom left) on me (bottom right) so I gave up the 12" dream
 That was all until I rekindled my BLEURGHSESSION for Norwegian Blogger UlrikkeLund & discovered the joys of a 'long bob'. Question was...centre or side?
 After a LONG day (ok I'm a diva so over 3hours is long for me...and I know my hairdresser is good with customer service so apologies for this bad review*bows head in shame*) at the salon, I was unprepared to sit through and dictate what length and how layered I wanted my crop to be. PLUS, everyone that knows me, knows just how anal I am about my hair....so I always style the cut myself. I left the salon with 14" and when I got home, I got to work...
 End result...*swish*
Apologies for the poor lighting but BLANCHE was my photographer for the evening as my camera battery is charging in prep of FELA! tomorrow with the family....eek!
Onyxsta says...BLEURGH! Whether its a mop or a crop, hair is my beauty secret & I will never stop. Xisses
P.S.
I give credit to my inspirations and the links to their blogs or websites are always highlighted in red so PLEASE check them out! :) Also, I leave tags at the bottom of all posts to link back to related posts and the newest (BLEURGHair) now has other links so dont hesitate to check my every changing mop-head LOL

11 comments

  1. Ooooh, How was Fela? Dying to go see it and heard it was really good! Love all your facial expressions! Hilarious!!!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chucks: I just watched chris rock's good hair i hope i can reach out to my black sisters out there when i start my own company selling real tough nappy naija hair str8 from baba alawo shrine lol only joking loving the hair mwah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the hair - your hairdresser plus your cutting got it right :
    hope you enjoy FELA - i loved it..

    www.lollihearts.co.uk
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the post! your hair looks amazing!:)
    you have a great blog by the way!Im really happy i ran into it! It's a great read. your posts and haisstyles are amazing!
    Im gonna follow you!
    hope you visit me back and become a follower too:)
    that would be amazing!

    love
    fashionfabrice
    have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're so diligent when it comes to hair styling.. im a real lazy person to do my hair ! i rarely bursh my hair.. lol


    glisters and blisters

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the short due...cute!

    xoxoxo
    Stella
    www.jadore-fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your a woman of my heart! I feel like no one can cut my hair like I can. I cut my own bangs last week with the boyfriend standing by the door with a look of horror on his face. Oh please I am amazing with a shears (I have the same green cutter you do! amazing for not making mistakes).

    Great cut!

    http://jannsboutique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL i know right @annsboutique? That green shredder is my life!! Love the magic that ish works...time after time lol
    And @michelle...i am toally anal about my hair looking a certain way. 2days ago i got my sister to do the back a shorter length, and i doubt i'll stop there lol

    I am def taking a look at all your blogs...happy new year and thanks so much for all your support and comments xisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely hair. Thanks for all your lovely comments. Happy New Year.

    -Kirstie

    ReplyDelete