2010 - Curtain Call

**Soundtrack of the Minute - KUSH : Dr DRE ft Snoop Dogg & Akon**
 As you know from last year, I spend the evening of New Years' eve thanking God for the past year and praying over the new year with our annual vigil. Daddy makes his infamous peppersoup (he only ever ventures into the kitchen twice a year) and we all take that, with french bread and some wine....*sigh* I love my family, they truly are my strength, foundation and my backbone.
How I choose to spend the day, however, is up to me...this year I went to the much raved-about restaurant, 'Cosmo", with my 8Ballers for a fabulous buffet meal (ONLY £7) and long-overdue bants LOL....I miss those suckers already *sobs*
 My starters (Top left) was BEYOND tasty and the main meal (bottom left)...*belly rumbles from memory* was YUMMY! The dessert (Bottom right) was the only failing factor in the recipe for success...
I am SO grateful for great friends, they are my rock! I have no doubt we will all make our marks in this world. As **Jewelz acclaimed today, "we are all geniuses" so I have no doubt that as some of us graduate in 2011, there is a lot we have to offer, so....WATCH THIS SPACE
 This year (2010) has really made me appreciate basics like a great social network and family. Friends are the family we choose for ourselves! And although some of us have that confused and think a great network is a matter of number...I learnt that, as much as we dislike that random Uncle who gags at our friends all pervily or always begs for money from our parents and all you wanna do is cut them off, why then would you want a 'friend' that also fits that bill? A friend isn't a word I use loosely anymore. The friends I count on my list are no joke...these are the whores that will always have my back and I know I can always count on them....no two-facedness or tomfoolery. My **Hobos; **8Ballz; **Wammies...they know who they are. I love you guys!!
Me & **Hansonex doing the signature BLEURGH to a work of art made of custard cremes
My darling **8Baller **Jewelz got me the Lauren Conrad Style book from my BLEURGH WishList
2010 was the year I learnt the most about myself. I recently received the greatest compliment from a friend who said "I'm losing myself and I thought of all the people I know that have always stayed true to themselves no matter what people thought...and I thought of you"! That means the world to me as I've always been self-conscious about people not accepting my quirkiness, bluntness or as many have called me...just straight "weird". But the people in my life, who know me...truly...know that "you either love me or leave me alone" (Jay Z - Already Home)
Jumper : Manchester Boutique | Long Tank : H&M | Leggings : Primark | Socks : H&M | Boots : Barratts
Me, **Lolli from LolliHearts (Click on the link and check out her blog) & **Hansonex
Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! 2010 was a great year of growth, strength and discovery....I wish all my followers and readers an even greater 2011...You guys deserve nothing but happiness, joy and love. Dream big with me BLEURGHers...no resolutions necessary. Xisses

16 comments

  1. Wow, the food looks amazingly good! :))
    Happy New year! :)
    stop by sometime, xx natalie
    http://lavagabonddame.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm didnt even get a doggie bag

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy new year to you too hun! the food looks delicious! and i want that conrad book too O-o

    blog: http://msmedschool.blogspot.com/
    follow on twitter: http://twitter.com/msmedschool89

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL sorry @anonymous...i was def being a greeedy munchkin with that food. If i took a doggy bag with me, i would have munched it all by myself LOL

    Happy New Year to all of you and I've paid your blogs a visit and will continue to do so...fab year ahead xisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW... the food looks fantastic!!! I am totally on a New Years diet and just seeing the food helps. (Ha)

    Thanks for checking out our blog. Following you on Bloglovin!

    Cheers,
    kDrs

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy new year and my everything go your way in 2011

    ReplyDelete
  7. Food looks good girl! Happy New Year ;)

    http://www.snowblackblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that food looks amazing. Happy, happy new year! Looks like you started it off very well! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. your foods look SOOOOO GOODDD !
    many thanks for your compliments at my blog recap post :)
    glisters and blisters

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought that was Lolli! I tried to comment on her blog but it's not working for some reason. YOu girls look fabulous and looks like you had a great time!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy new year!! wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous 2011 ;)

    Girl Meets Handbag

    ReplyDelete
  12. nothing beats great food and great company

    ReplyDelete
  13. great way to end the year and begin another. that food looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks tasty, bet you were stuffed! I always go mad at these kinds of places.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow you just made me super hungry!!! :)

    Check out my blog :)
    http://iamjewelz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete