Work-Shop

**Soundtrack of the Minute  - Pretty Girl Rock : Keri Hilson**
I attended a Human Rights workshop and was enlightened by the United Nations Development Goals:
1 - End Poverty & Hunger
2 - Universal Education
3 - Gender Equality
4 - Child Health
5 - Maternal Health
6 - Global Partnership
The question, "what am I doing to help?" rang in my head continuously through the talk and all I could do was sit there, on my iPhone and browse endless online stores for a perfect pair of wedges to crown my 1st pair. I know I'm a self-confessed shoppaholic but I couldn't help but look at what I had become with disgust! A selfish life filled with self-woes and aesthetic longings...
Where was the depth? The passion? Seems Uni has turned into endless days of work and endless insomniac-driven nights of American-Teen drivle.
 Pashmina : **GrandMa's | Jacket : ZARA | Leotard : Primark | Shirt : H&M
Wool Shorts : Republic | Lycra Stirrup Leggings : Primark | Oxford Brogues : Dorothy Perkins
Went to Selfridges to shop for my friend **Toy's birthday dress and bumped in The Noisettes' Shingai Shoniwa! :o I was the only one who recognised her and after I stated who she was, some faux-stans clammed her for photo-ops
Remember that Centre Parcs advert? "We have no time to stand and stare"? Well, today...or tonight, I'm taking a time-out to do just that. STOP! Wait...before crossing to the land of adulthood and choices and selfish ambition.
Workshop embodies what my life has become...a blurry daily routine of work and shopping. No pleasure or satisfaction is truly derived...just shopping and spending, thoughtlessly. But as I promised to start sharing my buys (follow me on Twitter @Onyxsta to get more up-to-date purchases)...heres the newbies to my ever-growing wardrobe *sigh*
 From Centre (Clockwise) - Shrug : eBay (£1.50) | Jumper : H&M (iPhone App 20% Discount = £7)
Jumper : FM Boutique (£15) | Poncho : eBay (£2) 
Shearling Aviator Jacket : Vero Moda (NUS Student 10% Discount = £22.50)
Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! All work and all shop, makes Onyx a robot...gotta find the balance between some "me time" & some world time. Xisses

22 comments

  1. First off, you look GREAT in these photos! Secondly, YOU GOT TO MEET SHINGAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so jealous, I absolutely LOVE that woman, she is such a great singer and such a style inspiration of mine! Wow wowowwowowow, I would love to meet her someday myself lol!! And I can't stand it when people act like they are fans of somebody after someone has to point out who the person is -__- people need to get lives lmao, but that is so cool you have that photo with her!

    That GOOD GOOD Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' the outfits had to do a double take though cos at first it looks like you're wearing a black pair in the first shoots and then changed to shorts.

    Interesting your pics of recent buys came after your talk but enough justification......gotta find the balance between some "me time" & some world time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that aviator jacket!!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com
    giveaway ends tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is ADORABLE & you are stunning girl!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous jumper you look great!

    thankyou for the comment on my blog :)
    XOXO, BECCA
    www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow amazing blog dear! Will you check out mine? I'd be extremely happy to have you as a follower, hope to hear from you soon

    http://meetmeinmilan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving the shirt and oxfords!

    DARAUDOM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look gorgeous dear !!
    im loving the leather jacket very much 1

    bisous ! xx
    glisters and blisters

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great look! And I love your hair cut!

    Kisses, Froso from Style Nirvana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the outfit, u look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have found your blog recently,you have a great style.You're soo lucky you met Shingai :)
    I hope to hear from you soon,check my blog
    bisous
    b-in-to.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely buys.. especially the vero moda jacket.. I love your leather jacket, scarf and shoes babe... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i was sooo gonna by that Jacket from Vera Moda...good choice! and ermmm you met Shingai!

    www.lollihearts.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. great outfit!

    i too feel like i'm not doing enough. i'm so blessed and i just think i should be doing more to give back. i really need to work on this in the new year.

    follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/simplychic08

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks hunnies...i adore Shingai and I agree @Dee.O, fake stans make my skin crawl! LOL

    Yes some purchases were after the talk...I'm a working progress lol

    I actually can't stand the hair...left myself in the hands of my asian friend **JABbie and we gave it a good cut and trim and i like it better now...new post coming soon :)

    Xisses and thanks to all my new followers

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the colours of your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. lets party all night in london :D great combo of cloths!
    cheers from berlin city!!

    www.trendzeta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooh Shingai Snoniwa too much style!! I really love her

    ReplyDelete