Wholesome to Lonesome

Kaftan : Gift (Mummy's pilgrimage to Israel)
Happy belated Easter everyone...
YES! Currently on a vacation from Uni...more than happy about that. The sight of the dull four walls of my Uni flat (room) were starting to really grate me! As I packed (more than enough-trust me, compressing your wardrobe for a 3week holiday where 1/2 the suitcase will be used to pack goodies back is harder than you think), I resolved to stay at home longer than planned. I was tired of feeling frumpy and disappointed with my choices, the rejections, etc...
And it SO worked! Last week was more than brill...and the actual Easter celebration with family was SO much fun. No Wii triumphs this time, but bonding over protruding bellies and old Nollywood favourites was more than what the Dr prescribed :)

So as I dropped off the final of the batch (mum & bro travelling to the motherland...lmao) and I'm currently bleurghing (with my father snoring upstairs) from an empty livingroom that was I was once forced to sleep in, on the spare mattress as the rooms were full (like Jesus! lol)...I can't help but shed an imaginary tear at the loss of laughter, banter than turns into arguments in a matter of seconds and undocumented familial bliss :)

Its sad to go from a full house to just being on your home. I'd never really been the dependent type, I'd always prided myself in being able to stand on my own two feet, but recent events have changed that.

As I mourn the loss of a great man, a lost love and family laughter in this barren room....I'd love to share a few quotes that are keeping me going:

Rev Run (Twitter bugs will relate):
"I'm in competition with No 1! I'm the best there'll ever be"
"Ladies, let no one hurt you. Stay fly, remember, tears mess up your makeup"
"Dont let the last person that hurt you,, rob you of loving someone new with ALL YOUR MIGHT"
"When ur doin good ur friends know who u are,, when ur not doin so good u'll know who ur friends are"
"Everybody in ur life was put there by a choice u made, u CAN change ur mind & recast ur life"
"To Love oneself is the beginning of a life long romance"

Kyla Pratt: "Change isn't always a bad thing...sometimes it provides room to grow"

Angela Simmons :
"There's someone in this world for everyone. Someone who sees the vision you see.. And wants the best for you.. Just believe."
"When u want to give up... Is right when ur on the peak of your blessing.. Keep going..... Never give up... Its only around the corner."
"People can't give u happiness.. You make ur own happiness... It starts with YOU."

Christopher Lasch: "The family is a haven in a heartless world"

Spanish Proverb: "An ounce of blood is worth more than a pound of friendship."


Jane Howard: "Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one."

At the end of the day, as much as I love my own space and I'm relearning how to truly appreciate ME, I miss these whores bad already. Can't wait for the next reunion...

YeYe says...BLEURGH! Blood is thicker than water...washed out, the stains still remain.

2 comments

  1. i actually love quotes soo..obvo i LOVE the whole quote thing you got going... this is my one for today...
    "There's someone in this world for everyone. Someone who sees the vision you see.. And wants the best for you.. Just believe."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress in that picture, very pretty. I also follow Rev Run

    ReplyDelete