Ray of Hope

"I am learning everyday to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me, and not terrify me" Tracee Ellis Ross
I have been trudging through trying times of late, and I know I am not alone. Darkness seems to have engulfed me, and I struggle daily so hope is not lost. The world seems gloomier, and other people look far more prosperous.  Life has that funny way of reminding us that its not a smooth plane; its full of ups and downs. So I seek solace in the fact that this too shall pass. There is light at the end of the tunnel, and I may not get what I want but I will get what I deserve (which, as a Christian, I believe will be far greater than my wants and hopes).
"If you saw the size of the blessing coming, you would understand the magnitude of the battle you are fighting" Anon.
Shirt : Primark | Joni Jeans : Topshop | Bag : Warehouse | Watch : Guess
"Hope is definitely not the same thing as optimism. It is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out" 
Vaclav Havel
One definition of hope is "desire accompanied by expectation". I agree with that definition to a certain extent, but always believed hope was the marriage of that definition with some element of action. Hope cannot be based on inactivity, as that will be futile. But I am slowly learning that 'hope' is the atheist equivalent of a religious 'faith', and that requires supplication of one's burdens unto God.
"Courage is the choice to act in faith while fear is present" Anon
 
"By perseverance, the snail reached the Ark" Charles Spurgeon
It's hard because we live in a world that teaches us that our futures are within our autonomous control, and it is dependent on our level of proactivity, or ability to network, or the intuitive judgment of the individual. To a certain extent, all that is still required, but thankfully my faith allows me not to base my failures or flaws solely on myself, but view it as a bigger lesson leading me to a greater accomplishment...and THAT is hope.
"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness" Desmond Tutu

Necklace : Abuja Arts & Crafts Market | Sandals : Enugu Market
"Always keep your head up because if its down you won't be able to see the blessings that have been placed in your life" Anon
Hope is the ray of sunshine that I now find beaming down at me; the realisation that life's trials and tribulations are Job-like lessons serving a greater purpose. Document them if you will, because they will serve as great dinner-table fables in years to come. I am choosing to never lose sight of the struggle so that I can truly appreciate the view at the summit. 
"To live without hope is to cease to live" Fyodor Dostoevsky
"Hope is tomorrow's veneer over today's disappointment" Evan Esar

10 comments

  1. Great post! Very inspiring! I know what you mean about the ups and downs of life and yes, being grateful and present in the moment will definitely bring more happiness. Glad I found your site!

    www.kkathleenn.blogspot.com
    www.formemag.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you stopped by & were inspired by my post.
      Life truly is ridden with pit-stops and set-backs. What determines our level of success is our outlook & ability to keep hope alive through the pitfalls that we will inevitably face.

      Delete
  2. That look was epic hahaha . You have a gorgeous face and the name of your 'bleurgh' is fascinating!

    That being said, there is every honesty drawn from your first paragraph. Life really does have a way of turning things around, as society has this unrealistic standard that it portrays and expects of us. We are constantly battling with a lot and I couldn't agree any more with you that my faith keeps this river flowing. And through the race God exposes you and teaches you amazing things that will advance us through life.

    Yes write it down, so you can also testify

    Great post !
    Enjoy the week ahead!

    Coco L'Amour

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Testify girl! Lol
      Thanks for your kind words, in flattered.

      Yeah, BLEURGH is just an upchuck of everything from guys to world peace. I refuse to be caged by labels...

      Delete
  3. Yellow looks really stunning on you beautiful!

    I always love reading your posts because they connect on an intimate and intellectual level,cos I can relate to them. I recently saw the movie "the equalizer" and remembered a line in it while reading this, "don't doubt yourself, doubt kills" I've discouraged myself from doing certain things because of self doubt and fear but I've gradually learnt to focus on the positives and build myself through it. I love the message passed across in the post xo

    www.ironyofashi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I love the quote you shared. I am yet to watch The Equaliser, but perhaps I will now.
      I'm glad that you're enriched by my posts, as that's what I honestly think BLEURGH's purpose is, in such a saturated online world. I'm glad it can stand out for its depth. Your encouraging words and support means the world to me :)

      Delete
  4. Nice blog. You remind me of Keke Palmer.

    www.ashleejanelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      Erm...I don't see it looool
      I'm guessing it's from the wide mouthed pic?

      Delete
  5. I am so glad I clicked the link go your blog. I have been through some of my darkest days in the past year and a half. However the little gleam of HOPE inspires and motivates me to push forwards. It allows me to push through my circumstances.

    Xoxo,
    Andrea Fenise
    Http://www.byandreafenise.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I am humbled to have inspired a more hopeful outlook. Thanks for visiting BLEURGH :)

      Delete