BLEURGHair: The Natural Crop

Almost in real time now, with my mane guys, bear with me. The title will have you believe I'm advocating a new healthkick, or have subscribed to that dutty 'grazebox', but no....you KNOW I'm a foodie! Anyway, I was dead knackered with the palava of weaves and finding a style that'd disguise my hair condition, or work with the damaged bits at the back *sigh* In the words of DBanj, it was on a "looooong ting!"
So I started thinking of what to do. My dermatologist had banned me from using ANY chemical products in my hair, so NO texturizers, NO relaxers, etc....and I'd been warned to steer clear of excessive strain on the edges, so I had to call a stop to weave and braiding sooner or later. I went as far as purchasing a wig, before coming home (yes, I'm pissed as they're non-refundable & now I have no use for it), stripping my hair of its weavalicious captivities and starting work on my mane. With the help of the lovely AndreeMarie, I decided to rock my natural BLEURGHair, but styled conventionally. 1st I clipped off the distressed shegged strands that were hanging on for their dear lives. Then, I deep-conditioned and treated the mutherrrrr to life!
Then, I cremed my hair with shea butter and greased (sparingly) it with Castor Oil, before spritzing it with some leave-in conditioner with built-in heat protectant. My lil 'fro came to life. I've never been one for natural hair, it just doesn't suit me. And before some ethnocentric 'sistahs' start pounding the site about being proud of my roots, I want to point out that my preference has NOTHING to do with my discomfort with my African roots. In fact, it can be likened to a natural brunette craving to "wanna have fun" by bleaching her hair blonde, or those with naturally short hair adding extensions, so....fall back.
I straightened my hair with my Babyliss mini flat-iron and got to styling. I'm pleased with the results, and popped to my brother's (along with him ofcourse, for some moral support and guidance as I can't see the shapeup at the back) barber's the following day to trim the edges and neaten up the look. What do you guys think? I've been short for over a month now & I'm loving it, yet to tire of it so feel free to express your views. I wanna know whether you think short or long hair is more flattering on me. And whether you like the fact that I'm rocking my natural hair, no product....MY WAY.
Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! Clippers go chop-chop, as I rock my natural mane with a short crop. Xisses 

27 comments

  1. I like! It's nice that you're embracing your natural hair. Now I need to do the same (I'm transitioning to natural), 9 months without a relaxer my hair is a mess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks boo! took a lot for me to get over the fact my entire face was on show, but I felt liberated. I say everyone embrace their hair and try and find a way that works best for them. All the best on your hair journey boo....I know how hard it can be *sigh*

      Delete
  2. I like it A lot! It looks very good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've just thrown a load of weave on my head lol! haven't done weave in 3 years.....

    love the short hairstyle - looks gorgeous on you! i did short hair for about year and a bit, but now i have decided to grown it out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I can't even lie, I don't miss the stress of weaves mehn! All that fraff about partings and leave-out etc etc....eurgh!
      I'm done for a while....but you know me, its only a matter of time lol

      Delete
  4. short hair looks good on you!! you have the pretty face for short hair lol! embrace it!!
    isaidiwasamazing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou sweetie....it takes a LOT of getting used to. But its a push in the confidence pool. Just have to suck it up and overcome your flaws the best way you can I guess

      Delete
  5. your hair looks GAWJUS!!! and suits your face so nicely!!

    www.youtube.com/UKnaturals

    ReplyDelete
  6. you know i love this already!

    www.lollihearts.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blush* Thanks dude...and I too, yours :)
      SO glad you're on blogger now and I'm not even ashamed to say....tutorials are in order!
      I want those mini-widgets you have at the bottom of your posts! Tres snazzie lol

      Delete
  7. I love it ! Girl you know I hate rocking my natural do too! I think I should start but I keep saying okay just one more weave with my signature invisible part! LOL you know how we do! Anyways I really really love the natural do and you just might be my inspiration to go natural! (but not just yet) LOL

    xoxo TY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GIRL!!! You know we are one and the same! LOL
      Took a LOT to brave it and just rock my natural mane, but damn sure there was no way in hell I was gonna be strutting around the office looking like a Solange-wannabee lol
      I LOVE short hair on you...cant wait to see how you wear your hair next! :)

      Delete
  8. I love this!! I could never pull it off though, looks great on you!!

    http://zoobaydah.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa!!! short are really looks good on you. Wish i couold pull that look off, but i cant :(

    http://daydreamsofaneverendingcloset.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. must have been scary, but looks so good! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit scary, but nothing beats shaving my head like last summer. But this came close. All natural? SHEESH! Its hard work but I love it!!

      Delete
  11. So pretty, I love it
    It doesn't even look like it isn't relaxed - nappy, if you know what I mean :)

    janylbenyl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! Trust me, I would NOT let it look nappy, even if it kills me

      Delete
  12. you look GOOD! with short hair.

    J x

    ReplyDelete