15 Lessons Learnt in 2015

Wow! We are only but a few days away from the end of 2015, and what a hell of a year it's been. I admit, I can be elusive and dance around metaphors in a bid to be more open about issues I face, but thankfully, you all read and appreciate the broad brush approach I've adopted this year and have joined in one or more discussions with me. So join me as I relive my best and worst lessons of 2015.

1) I am a feminist
2) Building a solid network (for women; tribe) is an often overlooked - but important - tool to success
3) Not accomplishing a goal by a set deadline is not the end of the world. Be amenable to change
4) Beauty is in the eye of the beholder,  and trends are culturally relative. Be careful not to sway with popular culture, as some changes are irreversible
5) The difference between an opportunity and an obstacle is your attitude 
Jo Malone Mimosa & Cardamom and Incense & Cedrat Launches
6) Happiness is an intangible goal
7) "One voice can change the world" Malala Yousafzai
8) Wealth isn't solely about the coin you possess; it's a state of mind. I saw far beyond my means this year, but abstained from living beyond it
9) Females need to be open to other adult playgrounds outside of the four glossy walls of bars and nightclubs. I learned the benefit of having interests and hobbies, and engineering my side hustle to profit myself and others
10) Success is as much about the destination as the journey to the destination. What you make of the time in-between will tell you apart from others
Hand Massages & Personalised ceramic tiles at Jo Malone, London
11) Treat yourself; you are only as worthy as you reckon. I learned the hard way that in order to love another, you must learn to love yourself; flaws and all. 
12) "Racism still alive, they just be concealing it" Kanye West
13) Small minds discuss people. Average minds discuss events. Great minds discuss ideas.
14) To love is to share 
15) Heritage can be conveyed through style, writing, everyday life; don't lose sight of your roots and reconnect with it wherever you are and in whichever way you can.
Happy New Year x

1 comment

  1. What a way to end the year. Are you setting any resolutions?

    ReplyDelete