Better Second Half

I share a lot of my achievements on here, and sometimes overlook my set-backs. Its also important to share those, but I tend to abstain as I don't find it beneficial to the reader, and I'd like my content to be entertaining or enriching. I know there was a bit of a backlash following my 'iOvershare' post, but I think its important to reiterate the fact that I don't see a wholesome problem with sharing deep dark secrets, so far as there's a purpose or a solution is reached at the end.
Shirt : Marks & Spencers | Leather Shorts : Primark
Necklace : Abuja Arts & Crafts Market (opposite Sheraton Hotel)
Hence why I thought it was important to share this post with you guys. Its the second half of the year and its important to look back retrospectively to evaluate your progress and highlight where there is room for improvement. Its general knowledge that women find it hard to be as critical inwardly, as they are about their appearance, in comparison to men. So I'd like to empower females reading this post to revisit NYE goals, or to-do's you set for 2014 and tick what has been accomplished and pinpoint areas where you have failed. It is not my intention to depress you, rather to enlighten you as to areas in your life where you have fallen short & how you can dramatically alter it so come December 2014, there wont be any room for regret and disappointment.
Museum of Science and Industry, Castlefield, Manchester
Museum of Science and Industry, Castlefield, Manchester
I loathe e-discipleship, which is why I abstain from ordering you about means of achieving this or that. As a Christian, I believe God gave us the freewill to live our lives as we please. I tend to steer clear of self-help books, as a result. However, there are tried and tested means of achieving your goals, and one of them is mapping it out strategically and setting a timelimit for each task. This works for me, but the generic means of identifying this mechanism of success is SMART: Specific; Measurable; Attainable;Realistic; Timely (watch vlog for further details).
It's critical to acknowledge life isn't a series of up's, and leave room for diasppointments and set-backs. I may not always share the lows, but I find that focusing on the positive gets me through the negative, and thats how I succeed. That may not necessarily work for you. I know some very accomplished individuals who are spurred on by their failures and paste rejection letters on their walls as constant reminders of their adversaries, and motivation to try harder each day. Acknowledge that you are different from the next, and pick what works best. But know that sitting & nodding to this post is not enough. Get a pen and write down 3 goals you'd like to achieve by the end of the year, and map out realistic means of getting there. It works!
BLEURGH!! Be SMART about your goal, because success isn't handed out like the dole.

12 comments

  1. This look is so chic! You can never go wrong with this combination =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Found my leather shorts in the loft having lost them for 3 years, so of course they had to make a cameo loool

      Delete
  2. thanks; need this encouragement....kinda forgot about the goals I made at the end of last year because I had a blow to my confidence. must get back on the proverbial horse if I want to end this year without major disappointment.


    www.thatgoodgirlchi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all lose sight of where we envisaged and it's so important to reassess the whole way through the year. Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  3. In love with your shorts.
    Cool video!

    Much Love, M
    http://blvckorsomething.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      God bless the creator of Primark. Affordable fashion never goes amiss lol

      Delete
  4. You look great.Those shorts are stunning
    Have a great week too
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very interesting - I think a lot of people like to make plans at New Year but neglect the midway point. I'm not ashamed to say that my goals are far from being met, but I'm certainly on the right track to sorting them out. Thanks for the idea for a bit of introspection!

    http://www.foodfashfit.com / Read my latest post here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely used to abandon my NYE goals, but it truly is wise to revisit and just gain perspective on where your life is heading. Funny thing is, you may be moving in a completely different direction, which may not always be a bad thing. Gaining perspective is definitely important and I'm glad you read and concurred with points made x

      Delete
  6. nice words...
    I have goals for this year but I just realized that that's d only form of measurement I have to them.
    I need to time bind them asap.
    thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely "time bind" them, as you say. It gives you something to work towards & allows you to keep constant track of your progress

      Delete