Best Thing I Never Had

Its MAD sad that Queen Bey's album leaked but it's also a blessing cos I am IN LOVE with so many tracks on it. One of which is me & my (ex Co-Blogger) flatmate's favourite, 'Best Thing I Never Had'. I know she's a married woman, but the way she melodically translates the pain and attitude of just about every heart-beaten & bashed single lady in the world is a beaut!
Chit-chatting with a friend, who quite like myself in the past, is contemplating joining a nunnery. Now, I went as far (at the time) of signing up for an all-girls Catholic Sixth Form in my bid to run away from the woes induced by the male-species. But at the end of the day... I am, and will always be strictly dic...I'll leave you to finish the rest *blush*
Main squeeze, wifey, hoe, mistress, freak-a-leek, single & proud....whoever you are as a woman, you can't deny that you relate to the song! It makes me just want to throw my fist up and growl out the lyrics. I may have been out of the game for a while but its shocking what emotions it digs back to the surface and how much I want to call this person or the other and just smirk as I say "I bet it sucks to be you right now". Like, how SICK would that be?
Boobtube : Primark (Lingerie Section) | Maxi (double-banded) Skirt : ZARA
The song depicts the raw emotions of any girl when the honeymoon-rose tinted glasses have been shattered and he (in the words of Beyonce, and my all-time favourite movie; Two Can Play That Game) shows his ass. We don't use slangs like trifling and the like in the UK, but its SO fitting in this case. I guess, I'm at a REALLY good place in my life right now. With a great social network etc....guys and their wahala seem a million miles away from my everyday reality. But this song just brought it all back..."I used to want you so bad, but I'm so through with that". And honestly, to all the ladies stuck in a bad situation right now, i wanna be the Bey-like voice urging you to see that "what goes around, comes back around"; Karma's a bitch with dog-like balls. It may not seem all gravy right now, but you'll come out unscathed (and even if you suffer a few wounds along the way), you'll surely grow from it and look back one day smiling.

Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! I'm the best thing you never had...bet it sucks to be you right now. Xisses

16 comments

  1. hahaha to rock up and spit the 'SUCKS TO BE YOU' line in their face would just golden up life forever :) aw i love when songs just float into your ears and you wonder how lyrics know the beats of your own life story.

    eugh mi first comment on your blog will be cliche but LOVE-LOVE-LOVE your outfit!! (i thought it was a dress but dayum) it just seems bomb for summer and i've just rediscovered the blessings of how a maxi can spell itself out into something fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOO - I love that song
    and hot damn... summer bod in tip top shape and form

    love the laid back outfit really nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your hair, great style girl!

    jadepurplebrown.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm gonna quote this " look back one day and smile" lol...The outfit sooo chic, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you make me want to hunt the song down. Will check it out

    Adiya

    ReplyDelete
  6. its a bit late, but i nearly shouted out `'say it sista" lol my mum would have come out of her room screwing lol..
    but seriously i relate with you. Blogging world has become my place to escape to. LAst is year it was the gym. `but the song definitely brings back the memory of one person.. ohw well.. i should rename it as, 'best thing i had and let go" and that is a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair is bomb!!! I love the boobtube(lol) and maxi, just fabulous yet chill!!

    Editor & Chic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair looks great missy and your message at the end of your post really stood out to me. I guess you gotta move on and then say to that man,'look at what you missed out on.'

    www.afrikanprincezz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great song. Great style. Long skirts are so hot !!!
    Kisses and hugs
    miss Margaret Cruzemark
    http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooweeee hot bod!!


    Jen xx
    jjnoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your haircut!! I'm in the processing of getting my sides shaved off this weekend too! Its too hot for hair!!

    Prissy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha the power of B! You feel it! When is that album supposed to drop anyway? I used to be the ultimate Beyonce fan, Ive calmed down some. I love her performances, her voice, her dancing, but I just dont like how private she is. I feel like other artists let us in more. That boob tube and maxi skirt is a great combo. looks good on you. Glad to hear you are doing well.

    Sophia
    http://lasophialasophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the dress! It just looks awesome!

    http://inelegancewetrust.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete