Social Network Etiquette: BBM

I want to start a series focusing on social network deviants. The tyrants that plague our walls, infest our timelines and suffocate us with broadcasts. This post will be focusing on BBM Beasts, but not to worry, there is more to come. I was moved to write this post after suffering from, not one, but TWO ASNBO's (spin on the UK's ASBO's but instead standing for Anti-Social Network Behavioural Order)...BLEURGH!
Cardigan : Primark (Menswear) | Dress : ARK Clothing
 Strike one of the day was when a contact I'd met a handful of times in Naij, and had been polite enough to switch pins with, made a grand assumption on my character. I'm not a fan of involuntarily nailing me to the couch for anyone's amateur psychoanalysis session, so I was not impressed. This bafoon claimed that I was a lot less endearing, and didn't seem happy of late. He commented on my recent display picture, and when I pointed out it was last summer, he claimed that made sense. I'm sorry, perhaps I don't seem as warm to you on BBM because your conversation never cross the barrier of polite introductions. Work on engaging a lady's interest beyond fickle compliments on her appearance and perhaps you might thaw me. *strike gong* CONVICTED!
Ring : *Gift | Necklace: eBay | Rings (stacked) : H&M | Belt : Primark
Watch : Guess | Boots : H&M
Next on the agenda: the goat who added me from a broadcast. No? I don't quite believe it either, so let me fill you in with a little back story. I have a policy to accept all contact invitations and then sieve my friends from [random] fools no further past the polite introductions. I'm always nice, put a smiley right after the "hi", before landing with the all-important question: "Sorry, how do I know you?" On a few occassions, its been thirsty goats who've stolen my pin from their friend's BB without his knowledge. On this occassion however, I was blown away. He got my pin from a broadcast that was circulating. Sorry? BY WHO? The goat feels guilty bleating his dude's name but check this, I don't even KNOW the fool! BBM prompts me to add him. Are you for real? WHO DOES THAT???? GUILTY!! *bangs gong multiple times*
I think it best I draft rules on BBM for the fools who aren't socially trained to understand basic networking skills. Feel free to add any you might have in the comments below. Here goes:
1) Do NOT start a conversation with a new (and old) contact if you cannot muster up banter beyond the "hello"s and "hi"s
2) Do NOT confide in a new contact about how much you've grown to 'love' him/her when your contact history has not reached the 2 month (or more) drop-down-bar status
3) Do NOT compare another's manner on BBM (e.g. how frequently they respond etc) to how they act in real life when you'd only been of acquaintance a handful of times or once, before switching pins
4) Do NOT broadcast another's pin...under ANY circumstances
5) Do NOT persist in sending multiple broadcasts those those who've outrightly expressed their loathing of the purple ink. Best believe you WILL get erased (and blocked).
6) Do NOT change your display picture more than a handful of times when you've freshly added a new contact in the bid to impress them with your best shot; you just end up looking MAD vain and conceited.
7) English vocabulary is your friend, spell-check before you hit 'enter'. It really isn't difficult to grasp the fact that a red squiggly line bum-raping misspelt lingo is an indication that a correction needs to be made.
8) DO NOT STEAL PINS! BLEURGH!!

Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! BBM is an instant means of communication, not another medium of electronic provocation. Xisses

39 comments

  1. great look. love the accessories!

    xxx maruschka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I do too! And such a bargain at just £5!!!!

      Delete
  3. Love the outfit cute,am your new follower hope you follow back;)
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi dear!! lovely outfit!
    why don't we follow each other?

    lachambrefiore.blogspot.com

    kisskiss from italy
    Fiore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check out your blog, but I'm not a fan of 'sub 4 sub' comments.

      Delete
  5. I hate too many broadcasts! I always delete people who broadcast too much on BBM. And people who say "ping for a rate"! Drives me insane! With that aside, you look absolutely beautiful! Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, really made me smile! Believe it or not, the editing software I use is Paint! I don't use Photoshop or any of that fancy stuff, for me, Paint is more than enough.

    Love from, THE EASTERN PEARL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EURGH! Broadcasts grate me, and OMG! I've never heard of the rating one....dear God, that sounds vile!

      Can't believe its just paint! I was a pro at Paint back in like primary school days, but I'm not even sure if there's a Paint app for Macbook.

      Delete
  6. this is also a case of some nigerians who does not understand boundaries lol. Its like when an aunty says "oh you're so fat now! :)" haha
    Love your outfit. very pretty necklace - lola xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO! Gosh!
      Nigerian women are just too blunt for their own good...no filter LOL
      Thanks boo....n'un on you guys though :)

      Delete
  7. i loveee the colour of ur dress, suits u perfectly, your blog is just so lovely, keep up the good work, ill be visiting again very soon :)

    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful look! i love your red dress!
    kisses
    maren anita

    maren anita

    Can I invite you to my GIVEAWAY ???:

    YSL lipstick & Nelly leather bracelet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh! I'm running to your blog now to take a look!! :)

      Delete
  9. Pretty dress and cardigan...

    deeblinks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie....all at affordable prices! :)

      Delete
  10. lol, love this post! Your rules on bbm are spot on!

    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thanks...its annoying that I had to endure a hell of a lot to get here though.
      Here's to hoping they take heed lol

      Delete
  11. On point. Some people need to learn these rules and respect one's personal space. Yes I see your message but I will choose when to respond so quit bugging me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MATE!!!!! Thats another one!!!
      But its not so fair when it happens the other way round and it sits on "D" for an eternity...its like, don't you see the red blinking light fool? LOL

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie, it was only like £12/£15 from ARK Clothing...perfect!

      Delete
  13. love you dress! and haha yes i seem to be everywhere at the moment! love being busy though!

    thanks for the comment on my blog,
    XOXO, BECCA
    http://www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL gracias darl x
      And LOL I've just been seeing you from one place to the next...damn! I'd hate to be the calculator for your carbon footprint lol

      Delete
  14. Love that ring, its super cute!

    www.styliststeph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie, not so much a gift as I stole it from my cousin LOL!!

      Delete
  15. Hello sweetie,
    That is so funny! I can't believe people do not know BBM eddict. That's a "MUST HAVE".
    I love the red gem ring!
    Always,
    Tarah and the City

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whats BBM eddict hun?
      Hate to be one of the clueless ones lol *blush*

      And thanks sweetie, it was nicked from my cousin but she doesnt miss it lol

      Delete
  16. Love your dress and ring!

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey love,
    U r one very funny chic."the Goats" reminds me so much of my young aunt. She uses dat phrase a lot. Oh my days i cldnt stop laughing. Following ur blog Asap. hope u follow mine. kip it coming dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO! I know, I think I picked it up from my fresh naija friends and now its just stuck lol
      I will boo, I will :)

      Delete
  18. lmao..oh my gawd ,you are so on point there! they'll need to read this! it's about time a stop is pit to all the bb madness. love the dress, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish this could be in the BB RIM Manual or something....honestly!
      This needs to become public knowledge cos its commonsense that these goons fail to adhere to....*sigh*

      That aside, thanks for your sweet compliments.

      Delete
  19. Inspiring and great fashion concepts!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Uh yea...that's seems a bit inappropriate! Hahahaha
    Shasie of Live Life in Style
    Enter myLia Sophia Giveaway

    ReplyDelete